TOP PAKISTAN CURRENT AFFAIRS- JANUARY 2021
In Competitive Exams, it is important to get oneself aware of the World and the country’s current affairs. For preparing, competitive exams in Pakistan you must have fully aware of the news. Additionally, many apps and websites are working on it. This site provides great help when studying for current affairs, because current affairs itself is a vast event that happens daily, by an hour a by a minute and by a second. this staying updated is very important. In support of this, Fpscmcqs provides instant updates regarding the current affairs in national, regional, and international events and also provides Pakistan Current Affairs January 2021. You have to give at least 3 hour’s time on a daily basis for the preparation of your Competitive Exams.
The Month of January 2021 Day by Day Top Pakistan Current Affairs
January 01, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- COVID-19 claims 71 lives within 24 hours; 2,463 new cases reported. The statistics of the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) has shown that the coronavirus pandemic claims 71 more lives, whereas, 2,463 new infections were reported during the last 24 hours
- Decision on school reopening on January 4, says Shafqat Mahmood. Federal Education Minister Shafqat Mahmood has said on Friday that a final decision on the reopening of schools will be taken in the NCOC meeting scheduled to take place on January 4
- CCPO Lahore Umar Sheikh removed from the post. The Punjab government on Friday removed Capital City Police Officer (CCPO) Lahore Umar Sheikh from his post
- Pakistan, India exchange lists of nuclear installations. As part of a pact between both countries, Pakistan and India exchanged on Friday lists of their nuclear installations and facilities.
- Pakistan, India swap lists of fishermen, civilian inmates. The Government of Pakistan on Friday shared with the Indian High Commission in Islamabad a list of 319 Indian prisoners in Pakistan, including 49 civilians and 270 fishermen prisoners.
- Honda to increase bike prices in Pakistan from January 5.Atlas Honda will be increasing prices of its motorbikes in Pakistan from January 5, a company official and bike dealers told SAMAA Money Friday.
- PSX welcomes the new year with two-and-a-half-year high trade. With the advent of the new year, Friday trade in Pakistan Stock Exchange saw a historic bullish attitude as the market jumped its two-and-a-half-year peak as the benchmark KSE-100 index closing at 44,434 points
- Gold price rises in the domestic market. The per tola gold price on Friday witnessed an increase of Rs500 to Rs114,450 in the domestic market
- Karachi records its lowest temperature in 10 years. Karachi recorded its coldest weather in 10 years on December 31 when mercury was recorded at 5.6 degrees centigrade.
January 02, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Pakistan records over 80 COVID-19 deaths, 2,184 infections in a day. The statistics of the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) has shown that the coronavirus pandemic claims 82 more lives, whereas, 2,184 new infections were reported during the last 24 hours
- Five CTF officials arrested after firing on a vehicle in Islamabad. Five Counter-Terrorism Force (CTF) officials have been arrested for opening fire on a vehicle, leaving a youth dead in Islamabad, citing sources
- Education ministers meeting to mull over the opening of schools.A meeting of education ministers on Monday to consider opening academic institutions in the country in view of the current situation of the pandemic
- Pakistan Army shoots down Indian spy quadcopter at LoC: ISPR. Pakistan Army on Saturday shot down an Indian spy quadcopter at Line of Control (LOC) over violating the country’s airspace
- Ghulam Muhammad Dogar Assumes Charge As Lahore CCPO.The newly-appointed Lahore Capital City Police Officer (CCPO) Ghulam Muhammad Dodger assumed charge of his office on Saturday.
- Pakistani medical students demand promotion to next semester. Pakistani medical students demanded on Friday their promotion to the next academic semester immediately.
- Gold prices go down in the local market. The per tola gold price on Saturday witnessed a decrease of Rs200 to Rs114,250 in the domestic market
- Babar Azam ruled out of the second Test against New Zealand. Star batsman Babar Azam has been ruled out of the second Test against New Zealand after failing to completely recover from a thumb injury.
- Fawad Alam ‘humbled’ to win the individual performance award. Star batsman Fawad Alam said he was humbled to win the Individual Performance of the Year Award at the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Awards 2020.
January 04, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Govt orders 1.2mn doses of coronavirus vaccine: Attaur Rehman. Renowned scientist and Chairman of Prime Minister’s Taskforce on Science and Technology Dr. Attaur Rahman on Sunday announced that the government has ordered 1.2 million doses of coronavirus
- Oil prices rise on expectations that OPEC+ likely to maintain output. Oil prices rose on Monday on expectations that OPEC and allied producers may cap output at current levels in February at a meeting later in the day as the coronavirus pandemic keeps worries about first-half demand elevated.
- Govt to reopen educational institutions in phases starting Jan 18: Shafqat Mahmood. A meeting of education ministers decided on Monday to reopen educational institutions across the country in a phase-wise manner with classes nine to 12 resuming in the first phase on January 18.
- Pakistan Embassy in Washington shut owing to ‘Covid-19 exposure’.The Pakistan Embassy in Washington has been closed due to possible “Covid-19 exposure” on its premises, according to a notification issued to this effect.
- The huge number of fuel stations selling smuggled petroleum products. Taking notice of the sale of smuggled petroleum products inflicting a huge loss on the national exchequer, Prime Minister Imran Khan ordered a crackdown against elements involved in it
- PIA’s Plane Flies to Manchester With Only One Passenger. Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) has set a new record for operating an international flight with just one passenger on Sunday.
- Gold rates move up in the domestic market. The per tola gold price witnessed an increase of Rs1,300 to Rs115,600 in the domestic market on Monday
- Pakistani Rupee Begins the Year With a Slight Loss Against the US Dollar. The first shift for the Pakistani Rupee’s exchange rate against the US Dollar in 2021 came as a loss of 14 paisas on the opening day of the week.
- Williamson’s century puts New Zealand on top in the second Test. An outstanding unbeaten century from captain Kane Williamson has put New Zealand in a commanding position in the second Test against Pakistan in Christchurch on Monday.
January 05, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Pakistan welcomes Saudi, Qatar’s decision to reopen borders. Pakistan welcomed on Tuesday the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Qatar’s decision to reopen the land, air, and sea borders between the two countries.
- March incident: Hazara protesters refuse to end Quetta sit-in despite Centre’s assurance. The Hazara community members continued their protest against the Machh incident for a second consecutive day despite the federal government’s assurance to the affected families of action against culprits
- Regional head of PPSC arrested in paper leak scandal. In a major development in the probe of a paper leak scandal relating to the Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC), the anti-corruption authorities have arrested another official of the commission, bring total arrests in the matter to five
- Free WiFi service not shut down: Punjab govt. The Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB) on Tuesday rejected reports that the provincial government has shut down free WiFi service in the province.
- Turkey Foreign Minister Likely To Visit Pakistan Next Week. Turkey’s Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu is likely to visit Pakistan next week.
- HEC Invites Applications For Research Awards 2021. Higher Education Commission has invited Pakistani researchers and scholars to submit applications for HEC Research Awards 2021.
- Domestic gold price continues an upward trend. Gold prices continued their upward trend as the per tola price of the precious metal on Tuesday witnessed an increase of Rs250 to Rs115,850 in the domestic market
- US dollar appreciates by Rs0.35 against the Pakistani rupee. The United States (US) dollar appreciated by Rs0.35 against the Pakistani rupee at the interbank currency market on Tuesday.
- Williamson’s double-ton flattens Pakistan in the second Test. Kane Williamson’s outstanding double century has put New Zealand on the brink of a series sweep against Pakistan.
January 06, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Islamabad gets a new police chief. The federal government on Wednesday appointed Qazi Jamilur Rehman, a 22-grade officer of the Police Service of Pakistan (PSP), as the new Inspector General of Islamabad police.
- Two more officials arrested in the PPSC paper leak scandal. The anti-corruption authorities on Wednesday arrested two more officials in the Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) paper leak scandal, bringing total arrests to six.
- Gas supply to domestic consumers a priority says SAPM Nadeem Babar. Prime Minister’s special aide on petroleum Nadeem Babar said Tuesday the gas supply to non-exporting industries has been discontinued as domestic consumers are a priority for Sui gas companies.
- Osama murder: ATC grants physical remand of five cops. An anti-terrorism court (ATC) granted on Wednesday a seven-day physical remand of the arrested five policemen in the murder case of 22-year-old Osama Satti.
- ECP directs Punjab to finalize LG elections date in two weeks. The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Wednesday directed the Punjab government to finalize the date for conducting local government (LG) elections in the province within 15 days.
- PM says will visit Quetta soon, urges Hazara protesters to bury slain miners. Urging members of the Hazara community to bury the coal miners that were killed in a brutal attack in Balochistan’s Machh, Prime Minister Imran Khan assured the bereaved families that he will soon visit Quetta to offer condolences personally over their loss.
- Stock market trade reaches a 3-year high. The benchmark KSE-100 index of the Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSX) has shown promising trade on Wednesday taking it to a three-year high.
- Gold prices continue to rise in the domestic market. Gold prices continued their upward trend for the third consecutive day as the per tola price of the precious metal on Wednesday witnessed an increase of Rs650 to Rs116,650 in the domestic market.
- New Zealand thrashes Pakistan to complete the series sweep. New Zealand thrashed Pakistan by an innings and 176 runs to win the second Test and complete the series sweep in Christchurch on Wednesday.
January 07, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- ‘Indigenously developed’ Fatah-1’s test flight successful: ISPR. Pakistan on Thursday conducted a successful test flight of “indigenously developed Fatah-1, Guided Multi Launch Rocket System.”
- Machh incident: Balochistan CM Kamal removes DC, DPO. Taking action over the Machh incident, Balochistan chief minister Jam Kamal Khan on Thursday removed the concerned deputy commissioner (DC) and the district police officer (DPO) over their alleged failure in protecting people’s lives
- Machh massacre: PM Imran to make a surprise visit to Quetta. Prime Minister Imran Khan has decided in principle to visit Quetta to express solidarity with the victims of Machh massacre
- KP govt announces to recruit 25,000 new teachers. The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government (KP) on Thursday announced to hire 25,000 teachers and introduce a smart school system soon in the province
- Pakistan expecting the first vaccine doses January end: parliamentary health secretary. Pakistan is expecting the first shipment of the COVID-19 vaccine by the end of this month, said Parliamentary Secretary for Ministry of National Health Services Dr Nausheen Hamid on Thursday.
- Pakistan Ranked as The 4th Worst Passport for International Travel in 2021.For the second straight year, the Pakistani passport has been ranked as the fourth worst passport for international travel by the Henley Passport Index 2021.
- Gold prices go down in domestic, global markets. The per tola gold price on Thursday witnessed a decrease of Rs1400 to Rs115,250 in the domestic market
- England women’s cricket team to make historic Pakistan tour. England women’s cricket team will be touring Pakistan for the first time in its history, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) announced on Thursday.
- Misbah Puts the Blame for Shameful Series Loss on Players. Head coach Misbah-ul-Haq has said that Pakistan’s poor performance in the Test series against New Zealand deserves criticism from the fans.
January 08, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- PM Imran promises to visit Quetta once Hazaras bury slain miners. Prime Minister Imran Khan promised on Friday to visit the families of slain coal miners to express solidarity with them once they bury their loved ones.
- Five policemen arrested over Osama Satti murder axed. The five policemen arrested over their involvement in the murder of 22-year-old Osama Satti in an alleged staged shootout were axed from service on Friday.
- Anti-polio drive to begin in Punjab from January 11. Punjab Health Minister Dr. Yasmin Rashid has announced that the anti-polio vaccination drive will begin from January 11 across the province
- Balochistan govt announces Rs 2 mn reward for identifying Machh killers. Balochistan government on Friday announced a Rs 2 million reward money for identifying the terrorists involved in the massacre of coal miners hailing from the Hazara community in Machh district
- After Capitol violence, Trump faces calls for removal and staff exodus. President Donald Trump faced growing calls for his removal and a staff exodus on Thursday, one day after a pro-Trump mob stormed the U.S. Capitol in a harrowing assault on American democracy.
- Biden says Trump incited ‘domestic terrorists’ at U.S. Capitol. Del: President-elect Joe Biden said on Thursday that President Donald Trump fomented Wednesday’s violence at the U.S. Capitol, calling it one of the darkest days in the history of the country and an assault on democracy.
- Govt to establish Covid vaccination counters in Islamabad: sources. The federal government has made another progress in ongoing preparations for the anti-Covid vaccination drive as it has decided to establish 12 coronavirus vaccination counters in Islamabad, citing sources
- Saudi Arabia set to lift ban on international flights but with Covid-SOPs in place. Saudi Arabia’s ministry of interior has decided to lift the temporary travel ban by the end of March on the international flights it imposed due to Covid-19, as reported on Friday by the Saudi Press Agency.
- COAS Bajwa Visits Bahrain.Bahrain has reaffirmed its special relationship with Pakistan and pledged to keep working for even better relations between the two brotherly countries.
January 09, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Twitter permanently suspends Trump’s account, cites ‘incitement of violence’ risk.Twitter Inc said on Friday that it has permanently suspended U.S. President Donald Trump’s account due to the risk of further incitement of violence following the storming of the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday.
- COVID-19: Pakistan records 40 deaths, 2,007 new cases within 24 hours.The statistics of National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) has shown that the coronavirus pandemic claims 40 more lives, whereas, 2,007 new infections were reported during the last 24 hours
- Machh massacre: Slain coal miners buried in Hazara graveyard.Mourners have buried slain coal miners of Machh massacre in Quetta’s Hazara Town graveyard after offering the funeral prayers
- PM Imran Khan reaches Quetta to meet families of Machh victims.Prime Minister Imran Khan has arrived in Balochistan capital Quetta where he will meet heirs of the slain coal miners in Machh massacre
- Budget for next fiscal year to be presented in first week for June.The Ministry of Finance has released its calendar for the next fiscal year and announced to present the budget for 2021-22 during the first week of June
- Private secretary of interior ministry found dead in office’s washroom.The body of private secretary of the Ministry of Interior was found dead inside his office’s washroom
- CM Punjab approves Rs740 bn plan for reforms in education sector.Chief Minister Punjab Usman Buzdar on Saturday approved a mega plan of Rs 740 billion for reforms in the provincial education sector
- Shell, K-Electric to establish three EV charging stations in Karachi.Shell and K-Electric have signed a memorandum of understanding to jointly develop the first three electric vehicle charging stations in Karachi and on its connecting highways.
- Gold prices witness steep decline in domestic market.The per tola gold price on Saturday witnessed a decrease of Rs1300 to Rs13,300 in the domestic market
January 11, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- The response of messaging app Signal to tweet “dump WhatsApp” goes viral.WhatsApp’s new policy update has raised security concerns and a number of social media users are criticizing the facebook-owned app.
- A five-day nationwide polio vaccination drive begins today.A five-day polio immunization drive has commenced across Pakistan today during which over 40.1 million children will be administered oral poliovirus vaccine (OPV) to prevent children from the crippling disease
- Aafia refused to meet Pakistan’s consul general, IHC told.The Islamabad High Court (IHC) was informed on Monday that Dr. Aafia Siddiqui declined to meet Pakistan’s consul general in Houston when he visited the prison where she is detained to seek her consent for filing a mercy petition before the US Department of Justice.
- Indonesia hopes to retrieve black boxes of a crashed jet from the Java Sea.Indonesian divers on Monday will try to retrieve the data recorders of a Sriwijaya Air jet that plunged into the sea two days ago with 62 people on board minutes after takeoff from Jakarta’s main airport.
- Over 20m lost livelihood due to lockdowns in Pakistan: a survey.More than 20 million people lost their livelihood due to lockdowns imposed to halt the spread of Covid-19, a survey conducted by the Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS) revealed.
- A judicial inquiry in Osama Satti murder suggests trial under the anti-terrorism act.A judicial inquiry into the murder of an Islamabad youngster, Osama Satti, has pointed the blame on concerned SP and DSP in the case for showing negligence, besides also suggesting a trial against five ATS personnel under the anti-terrorism act
- Sindh govt decides issuance of Benazir Bhutto Mazdoor Cards.The Sindh government has decided to commence issuance of Benazir Bhutto Mazdoor Cards in order to provide essential facilities and grants to the industrial laborers
- No organized terrorist infrastructure exists in Pakistan today: DG ISPR.Director-General Inter-Services Public Relations (DG-ISPR) Major General Babar Iftikhar has said that no organized terrorist infrastructure exists in Pakistan today as the country fought successfully against the internal and external security challenges
- Rupee weakens against dollar.The Pakistani rupee weakened against the United States (US) dollar as it depreciated by Rs0.22 against the greenback on the first trading day of the week.
January 12, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- India spoiling Afghan peace process: FM Qureshi.Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi on Monday said that Narendra Modi-led Indian government was spoiling the Afghan peace process,
- Pakistan registers protest with Indian diplomat over ceasefire violations.The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has summoned a senior Indian diplomat to register Pakistan’s strong protest over the ceasefire violations by the Indian occupation forces along the Line of Control (LoC) on January 11
- Azerbaijan FM Jeyhun Bayramov To Visit Pakistan Tomorrow.Azerbaijan Foreign Minister Jeyhun Bayramov will be visiting Pakistan on Wednesday on a two-day official visit.
- PTV Chairman’s Appointment Challenged in Lahore High Court.Naeem Bokhari’s appointment as the Chairman of Pakistan Television (PTV) has been challenged in the Lahore High Court (LHC).
- PMC Extends Admission Deadline for Private Medical Colleges.The Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC) has announced an extension of the deadlines for admission applications to private colleges.
- Students Can Now Apply for Ph.D. Directly After BS Degrees.Higher Education Commission (HEC) has reportedly revised its policy for Ph.D. admissions on 1 January 2021.
- Tarbela Dam’s Power Generation Reduced to 428 MW.The Tarbela Dam generated only 428 megawatts of electricity on Monday as seven out of seventeen of its power generation units had been working on low capacity and ten of its units had been shut down.
- WhatsApp alert: Hoax message about virus can ‘hack your phone in 10 seconds’.National Information Technology Board (NITB) has warned WhatsApp users they could be hit by a hack spreading across the world.
- PCB committee calls for Misbah’s removal as head coach.The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Cricket Committee has called for the the removal of Misbah-ul-Haq as the national team’s head coach.
January 13, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Turkish FM along with ‘Ertugrul’ stars arrive in Pakistan.Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu along with a 20-member delegation arrived in Pakistan on a three-day official visit
- President Alvi confers Hilal-e-Pakistan on Turkish FM.President Dr. Arif Alvi conferred on Wednesday Hilal-e-Pakistan award on Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu.
- Pakistan, Turkey, Azerbaijan FMs to hold 2nd trilateral meeting today.The Foreign Ministers of Pakistan, Turkey and Azerbaijan will hold the second trilateral meeting in Islamabad today after holding the first round of talks in Baku in November 2017
- Karachi’s Green and Orange Lines project will become operational by Nov: minister.Sindh Transport Minister Awais Qadir Shah said on Tuesday that Green and Orange Lines Bus Rapid Transport (BRT) will become operational by October 2021
- CAA allows US flight carrying Pakistani deportees to land at Islamabad airport.The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) of Pakistan has allowed a chartered flight, bringing back deportees from the United States (US) to land at Islamabad International Airport on January 20
- Osama murder: ATC extends physical remand of five accused.An anti-terrorism court (ATC) on Wednesday extended physical remand of the five arrested policemen in the Osama Satti murder case.
- PTA renews PTCL licence for another 25 years.The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has renewed PTCL’s licence to operate in the country for another 25 years.
- Punjab University Announces Online Admission Schedule.Punjab University (PU) has issued a comprehensive schedule for the online submission of admission forms and fee for Associate Degree in Science/Arts Part-I and Part-II Annual Examination 2021.
- E-Sports is Now An Official Sport in Pakistan: Fawad Hussain.The Federal Minister of Science and Technology Chaudhry Fawad Hussain has made an exciting new announcement for gamers. From now on, E-Sports will be considered an official sport in Pakistan, akin to many other countries.
January 14, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Three Pak Army soldiers martyred, two terrorists killed in North Waziristan IBO: ISPR.Two terrorists including an IED expert were killed during an intelligence-based operation (IBO) in North Waziristan, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said on Thursday.
- Turkish actor ‘Bamsi Bey’ humbled by PM Imran’s appreciation for Diriliş: Ertuğrul.Turkish popular drama series Diriliş: Ertuğrul actors Nurettin Sönmez aka Bamsı Beyrek and Ayberk Pekcan aka Artuk Bey have arrived in Pakistan yesterday on three-day visit.
- IHC stops Naeem Bukhari from working as PTV chairman.The Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Thursday restrained Chairman of the Pakistan Television (PTV) board Naeem Bukhari from discharging his official duties.
- OGRA seeks massive increase in fuel prices for next 15 days.The Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) has put a proposal to hike prices of all the major POL products in the country
- Govt ordered to contact India again for Kulbhushan Jadhav’s lawyer.The Islamabad High Court (IHC) has ordered the federal government to contact the Indian government again regarding the appointment of legal counsel to Kulbhushan Jadhav
- Govt decision to reopen educational institutions on 18th challenged in court.A writ petition was filed in the Lahore High Court on Thursday challenging the government’s January 4 decision to reopen educational institutions across the country on Jan 18.
- President Azerbaijan thanks Pakistani PM for support conflict with Armenia.The foreign affairs minister for Azerbaijan Jeyhun Bayramov has on Thursday called on Prime Minister Imran Khan to discuss regional affairs as the two countries reaffirmed bilateral support
- Pakistan Army soldier martyred in Indian firing from across LoC.A soldier of the Pakistan Army on Thursday embraced martyrdom in Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) due to the unprovoked ceasefire violation by the Indian troops along the Line of Control (LoC)
- Babar Azam ‘excited’ to take part in South Africa fixtures.Pakistan skipper Babar Azam said that he is excited to take part in the upcoming home series against South Africa.
January 15, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Ravi project to provide residential facilities of an international standard: PM Imran.Lauding the Ravi Urban Development project, Prime Minister Imran Khan on Thursday said that it will not only create investment opportunities but also provide residential facilities of international standard to the masses
- Petroleum industry records 6pc drop in local production.Pakistani oil industry reported on Thursday a six percent tumble in local oil production for the second quarter of year 2020-21
- Classes one to eight to resume from Feb 1, announces Shafqat Mahmood.Federal Minister for Education Shafqat Mahmood announced on Friday that classes one to eight will resume from Feb 1 instead of Jan 25.
- Govt Decides To Resume Education Activities Phase-wise.Federal Minister for Education and Professional Training Shafqat Mahmood said the government has decided to restart the education process of class nine to twelve from Monday next as per the previous announcement.
- Pakistan’s petrol price increased by Rs3.20 per liter.The federal government has jacked up prices of petrol, diesel, and other products following the approval of Prime Minister Imran Khan
- Passengers offloaded from seized PIA plane to depart for Pakistan tonight.The Foreign Office said on Friday Pakistan’s High Commission in Malaysia is in close contact with the relevant Malaysian authorities and PIA to address the issue of seizure of the airline’s aircraft in Kuala Lumpur.
- Pakistan to launch its own WhatsApp-like app by June 2021.Pakistan has planned to launch its own WhatsApp-like messaging app, Smart Office, by June 2021 which will include all modern communication features besides announcing to expedite work on finalizing Personal Data Protection Bill
- Anti-smuggling drive: 609 petrol pumps sealed, 4.5m liters seized.As many as 609 petrol pumps were sealed and about 4.5 million liters of petrol and diesel seized during an ongoing countrywide crackdown against the sale of smuggled petroleum products.
- China, Russia, and Korea Interested in Revival of Pakistan Steel Mills.Chinese, Russian, and Korean investors are showing interest in the revival of Pakistan Steel Mills (PSM).
- PIA Suspends China Flights Over New Coronavirus Cases.As part of precautionary measures, Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) has partially suspended flight operations to China over new coronavirus cases.
January 16, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- FIR registered against NADRA officials for issuing CNIC to Afghan national.Federal Investigation Agency’s (FIA) anti-human trafficking circle on Friday registered a first information report against National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) officials for fraudulently issuing Computerised National Identity Cards (CNICs) to an Afghan national
- Pakistan reports 45 COVID-19 deaths during past 24 hours.The latest statistics of the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) has shown that the COVID-19 has claimed 45 more lives, whereas, 2,432 new infections were reported during the last 24 hours
- Four injured in the blast on Quetta’s Sariab Road.At least four people were injured in a blast near a passenger bus on Quetta’s Sariab Road
- CNG stations to reopen in Sindh after six-day closure.The compressed natural gas (CNG) stations in the Sindh province will reopen after a consecutive six-day closure on Sunday (tomorrow)
- India trying to ignite sectarian violence in Pakistan: FM Qureshi.Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi on Saturday said that India wanted to destabilize Pakistan by disseminating sectarian violence in the country.
- Stranded passengers of seized PIA plane in Malaysia return home.At least 118 passengers of the Pakistan International Airlines’ (PIA) seized aircraft in Malaysia returned to their homeland on Saturday night
- Gold prices continue to fall in the domestic market.Gold rates extended a downward trend in the domestic market on Saturday as per tola price of yellow metal decreased by Rs500 to Rs112,400
- South African Team Arrives in Pakistan After 14 Years.The South African cricket squad has arrived in Pakistan for their first tour to the country after a 14-year break.
January 17, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Pakistan records 43 COVID-19 deaths, 2,521 new infections.The latest statistics of the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) has shown that the COVID-19 has claimed 43 more lives, whereas, 2,521 new infections were reported during the last 24 hours
- 4 magnitude earthquake jolts Peshawar, other KP cities.An earthquake measuring 5.4 on the Richter scale jolted Peshawar and different parts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) in the wee hours of Sunday.
- Pakistan 10th most powerful military in world.According to Global Firepower Index 2021 released this week, Pakistan Army is among the world’s 10 most powerful militaries in the world leaving behind Canada, Germany and Australia.
- Minister wishes students as classes 9-12 reopens tomorrow.Educational institutions in Pakistan, which were shut in December last year to halt the spread of the second coronavirus wave, will reopen for classes nine to 12 tomorrow (Monday).
- PM Imran Has Given Clear Stance Of Not Recognizing Israel: Noor Ul Haq Qadri.Federal Minister for Religious Affairs Noor Ul Haq Qadri has said that Prime Minister Imran Khan has given a clear message not to recognize Israel.
- Provinces, private sector free to import Covid-19 vaccines after Drap approval: Asad Umar
- Summary to import 500k tonnes of sugar being moved to ECC: Hammad.Federal Minister for Industries and Production Hammad Azhar on Sunday said that a summary for import of 500k tonnes of sugar is being moved to the Economic Coordination Committee (ECC)
- Fog engulfs motorways, highways, disrupts road travel.Dense fog engulfed motorways and the National Highway in various parts of Punjab and Sindh causing poor visibility
- Amir hints at coming out of retirement from international cricket.Left-arm pacer Mohammad Amir has announced that he is ready to make himself available for the national team selection if there is a new management in place.
January 18, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Biden to reverse Trump’s Muslim ban on inauguration day.US President-elect Joe Biden will cap a busy day of inauguration pageantry by using the powers of his new office to push policy changes on housing, student loans, climate change and immigration, a top aide said on Saturday.
- Educational institutions from grade 9 to 12 reopened.Educational institutions in Pakistan, which were shut in December last year to halt the spread of the second coronavirus wave, have reopened for classes nine to 12 from today (Monday) as per standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- 48 MNAs, three senators suspended over failure to file assets returns.The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Monday suspended the membership of 48 National Assembly members and three senators over failing to submit the details of their assets
- Utility Stores Corporation’s chairman terminated over misuse of powers: sources.Federal government on Monday terminated the services of Utility Stores Corporation (USC) Chairman Zulqarnain Ali Khan after an inquiry proved five charges against him
- Pakistan to aggressively raise Indian conspiracies, state terrorism at world level: FM Qureshi.Foreign Minister (FM) Shah Mahmood Qureshi has said Pakistan will aggressively raise the Indian evil conspiracies and state terrorism at the every international forum.
- Pakistan Condemns Houthi Attack On Saudi Border City.Pakistan has strongly condemned Houthi militants’ terrorist attack by launching of a military projectile on a border village in Jazan area in Saudi Arabia, resulting in injuries to three civilians.
- Motorway Rape Incident: ATC Extends Judicial Remand Of Accused.An anti-terrorism court (ATC) on Monday extended judicial remand of accused Abid Malhi and co-accused in the henious crime of rape at the motorway for seven more days.
- Gold sheds Rs1,750 in Pakistan since January 1.The price of gold has dropped by Rs1,750 in Pakistan during the month of January. A tola now costs Rs112,550 in the country, according to rates shared by the All-Sindh Saraf Jewelers Association Monday.
- India considering to withdraw from Asia Cup 2021: report.The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is reportedly considering withdrawing from this year’s Asia Cup for their accommodating their international matches.
- HEC warns students against two-year BA/MA programmes.The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has asked students not to take admissions in unauthorised two-year BA/BSc or MA/MSc programmes.
January 19, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- No promotion without exams this year in Punjab: Murad Raas.Punjab Education Minister Murad Raas has said that no one will be promoted to the next grade without examination this year
- COVID-19: 1,800 infections, 58 deaths recorded within 24 hours.Pakistan has recorded 58 more coronavirus-related deaths in past 24 hours, surging the overall death toll to 11,055
- PM to visit South Waziristan for cheque distribution amongst youth: SAPM Dar.Prime Minister Imran Khan is all set to visit South Waziristan tomorrow to distribute amongst the youth Kamyab Jawan Program cheques as announced on Tuesday by his special assistant for youth affairs Usman Dar
- Varsity students continue to demand online exams in Pakistan.As secondary students begin to return to school, university students continue to fret about being asked to physically sit exams when universities reopen on February 1.
- Bilal Akbar Appointed Pakistan’s Ambassador In Saudi Arabia.The government has appointed Lt-Gen (retd) Bilal Akbar as Pakistan’s Ambassador to Saudi Arabia.
- Ravi Riverfront Project Attracts $8 Billion in Foreign Investments.The Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project (RUDP) has attracted foreign investments of over $8 billion to develop the world’s largest riverfront modern city similar to Dubai.
- Health Minister Warns Schools Against Strict Action for Violating COVID-19 SOPs
- Rupee Loses Ground Against All Major Currencies.Pakistani Rupee lost 8 paisas against the US Dollar in the interbank currency market on Tuesday. This comes after a h19 paisa loss for PKR against the greenback on the opening day of the week.
- Punjab Govt Finalizes Coronavirus Vaccination Plan.The Punjab government has finalized a comprehensive plan for the administration of the Coronavirus vaccine during a mass vaccination campaign in the province.
- Pakistan squad reach Karachi for first South Africa Test.The 20-member Pakistan team arrived in Karachi for the opening game of the two-match Test series against South Africa in Karachi on Tuesday.
January 20, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- PM Imran Khan to inaugurate uplift projects in South Waziristan today.Prime Minister Imran Khan will visit South Waziristan today where he will inaugurate uplift projects including distribution of cheques under Kamyab Jawan Program
- Joe Biden Takes Oath As 46th President Of United States Today.Joe Biden will be sworn in as the 46th president of the United States on Wednesday in a ceremony protected by 25,000 troops and face masks to ward off two potentially lethal enemies — an unrelenting virus and a frenzied mob.
- Head of physiology dept at Karachi varsity dies of coronavirus.Another doctor and professor, Dr Saleh Soomro, on Tuesday lost his life to COVID-19 in Karachi, becoming the latest medic to fall victim to the deadly infection
- Zimbabwe’s foreign minister dies after contracting COVID-19.Zimbabwe’s foreign minister, Sibusiso Moyo, has died after contracting COVID-19, presidential spokesman George Charamba said on Wednesday.
- Pakistan successfully test-fires Shaheen-III ballistic missile.Pakistan on Wednesday successfully test-fired Shaheen-III surface-to-surface ballistic missile, having a range of 2,750 kilometers
- Mobile broadband services launched in South Waziristan: PTA.In pursuance of Prime Minister Imran Khan’s announcement for the launch of 3G and 4G services in Waziristan, the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has issued directives to the Cellular Mobile Operators (CMOs) to immediately start mobile broadband services in the district.
- India promoting anti-Pakistan agenda: DG ISPR.Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Director General (DG) Major General Babar Iftikhar has said that India is involved in promoting anti-Pakistan agenda in six domains, which include abetting terrorism, targeting economy, using diplomacy, fomenting chaos, Kashmir and social issues.
- Soldier martyred in exchange of fire with Indian forces.A 35-year-old Pakistani soldier, Sepoy Fazal Elahi, embraced martyrdom on Wednesday night when Indian forces initiated unprovoked firing in Khuiratta Sector along the Line of Control (LoC), to which Pakistan responded befittingly, inflicting heavy losses to the Indian side.
January 21, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Kamala Harris sworn in as America’s first woman vice president.Former California Senator Kamala Harris was sworn in as vice president of the United States on Wednesday, the first woman ever to hold the post.
- 69 doctors lost their battle against COVID-19 in Pakistan.As many as 69 doctors have so far lost their battle against COVID-19 in the country, highlighting the dangers posed to the frontline workers while dealing with the pandemic
- ECC approves tax reduction on sugar import.In a bid to bring down prices of sugar in the country, the Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) of the cabinet on Wednesday approved a reduction of withholding income tax on commercial import of white and raw sugar form 5.5 percent to 0.25 percent and removal of value-added sales tax on import of white sugar
- China to gift 0.5mn doses of Sinopharm vaccine to Pakistan by Jan 31: FM Qureshi.China will provide 500,000 doses of its Sinovac coronavirus vaccine to Pakistan by January 31, said Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi, thanking “friend” Beijing for its generosity.
- Govt Increases Electricity Charges By Rs 1.95.Planning Minister Asad Umar says economic indicators are showing significant improvement, especially the large scale manufacturing witnessed an overall surge of 15 percent in last November.
- The University of Peshawar cancels all physical exams.The students of the University of Peshawar were elated after the varsity canceled all of its on-campus exams for the Fall semester.
- Multan students block the road while protesting against in-person exams.Students of Multan’s NFC Institute of Engineering and Technology have blocked Khanewal Road while protesting against the university’s decision to hold in-person examinations.
- Punjab University Finally Agrees to Conduct Online Exams.Punjab University (PU) has granted permission to students to appear in online examinations instead of on-campus examinations amid the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Passenger With Fake COVID-19 Report Caught at Peshawar Airport.A passenger was briefly detained at the Bacha Khan International Airport, Peshawar for attempting to board a flight by producing a fake negative COVID-19 test report.
January 22, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- 5 billion approved for Karachi’s K-IV water supply project.The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) has approved Rs25.5 billion for the Greater Karachi Water Supply project, also known as the K-IV.
- Government issues ordinance to extend PM’s construction package.President Arif Alvi has issued an amending ordinance for the construction sector to extend the amnesty scheme for another six months. The FBR will not be inquiring about sources of income from builders and investors till June 30.
- Indian fire injures 18-year-old girl in Kashmir: ISPR.An eighteen-year-old girl was injured after Indian border forces resorted to unprovoked firing across the Line of Control on Friday, the Pakistani military said.
- Pakistan advises the Taliban, Afghan government to accept ‘change’ in Afghanistan.Pakistan’s Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi advised on Friday Afghan President Ashraf Ghani to talk to the Taliban and their sympathizers and convince them to give up violence.
- China’s CanSino to give Pakistan 20m coronavirus vaccine doses.Chinese vaccine maker CanSino Biologics has offered 20 million doses of its COVID-19 vaccine to Pakistan, Bloomberg reported Friday.
- CAA issues new SOPs for international flight crews.The Civil Aviation Authority has issued new SOPs for international flight crews entering Pakistan.
- Pakistan Strongly Condemns Twin Suicide Blasts In Baghdad.Pakistan has strongly condemned twin suicide blasts in Baghdad, which resulted in loss of 32 precious human lives and injuries to several others.
- Examinations will be held this year at any cost: Saeed Ghani.Sindh Education Minister Saeed Ghani on Friday has said that examinations will be held at any cost this year and no student will be promoted to the next class without clearing the assessment process
- PTA Blocks Ahmadiyya Website Making False Claims About Islam.Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has blocked the website ‘www.trueislam.com’ for viewership in the country.
January 23, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Covid-19 claims 43 lives, infects 1,927 in a day: NCOC.The novel coronavirus has claimed 43 more lives during the past 24 hours in the country, taking the overall death toll to 11,247, said the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) on Saturday.
- Sindh shopping malls to remain open over the weekend.Shopping malls across Sindh will now remain open over the weekend, a notification by the provincial government issued on Friday read.
- NUML students take to the streets again, demand online exams.Students of Islamabad’s National University of Modern Language are out on the streets again. Their demand is the same: online exams.
- COAS Sees Stronger Pak-US Ties Under New Administration.Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa has expressed hope that Pakistan’s relations with the United States will be further strengthened under the new administration, Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said.
- Pakistani, foreign climbers to ascend K2 without oxygen tonight.A team of Pakistani and foreign climbers will try to ascend the second highest mountain of the globe, K2, without oxygen to set a world record, days after the peak was scaled for the first time in winter by a Nepalese team
- South Africa tour of Pakistan: Revised traffic plan issued for Karachi Test.The Karachi traffic police have issued a traffic plan in connection with the first Test match to be played between Pakistan and South Africa starting from January 26-30 here at National Stadium Karachi.
- LHC asked to ban TikTok, Bigo over indecent content.Lahore High Court (LHC) has been approached for imposing a ban on social media applications including Bigo Live, TikTok, Likee and others on Saturday, citing that they are becoming a source of promoting indecent content in the country
- ECP starts preparations to hold elections on 48 Senate seats.The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has started preparations to hold Senate elections on 48 seats, citing sources
- Pakistan to Spend $36 Million to Recover PIA’s Roosevelt Hotel in New York.Pakistan is considering a second bailout package worth $35.58 million for the Roosevelt Hotel in Manhattan, New York, which is owned by Pakistan International Airlines Investment Limited (PIAIL), a subsidiary of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA).
January 24, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- 48 more die of coronavirus, 1,594 test positive across Pakistan.Pakistan recorded as many as 1,594 new cases of the novel coronavirus in a single day with 48 more fatalities
- PM Imran Khan promises special package for farmers.Prime Minister (PM) Imran Khan has said that South Punjab was badly neglected by the previous governments
- Five terrorists killed in North Waziristan IBO, announces ISPR.Security forces on Sunday carried out an intelligence-based operation (IBO) in Mir Ali area of KP’s North Waziristan, killing five high-profile terrorists
- Turkish President launches welding of 3rd MILGEM corvette for Pakistan Navy.Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has underscored that the defence collaboration for the construction of warships is another milestone in Turkey-Pakistan defence ties.
- Pakistan To Launch 5G Internet Network In 2022-23, Shows Report.Pakistan is planning to roll out the most advanced 5G internet in 2022-23 which will accelerate the download speed 10 times to one gigabit per second (Gbps) and widen economic activities in the country, a media report said on Sunday.
- Govt Okays Russian Vaccine For ‘Emergency Use’.The government has allowed another vaccine against Covid-19 under “emergency use authorisation” and given a go-ahead to a local pharmaceutical company for the import and distribution of the Russian-developed Sputnik V, an official confirmed on Saturday.
- PIA Pays $7 Million to Recover Aircraft From Malaysia.Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) told the London High Court on Friday that it has paid around $7 million (Rs. 1.124 billion) to Peregrine Aviation Charlie Limited for the two jets leased to it by AerCap.
- UAE to open an embassy in Israel.The UAE’s Council of Ministers has agreed to open an embassy in Israel’s capital Tel Aviv, the UAE government said in a Twitter post Sunday. The Council of Ministers’ meeting was chaired by UAE Vice President Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid.
- Pakistan announce 17-member squad for first South Africa Test.Pakistan have announced 17-member squad for the first Test of the two-match series against South Africa.
January 25, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- COAS General Bajwa Calls on PM Imran Khan. Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa called on Prime Minister Imran Khan in Islamabad today (Monday).
- Japan To Provide Grant For Installation of Weather Radar System in Sukkur. Japan committed to providing financial assistance for the installation of the Weather Surveillance Radar system in Sukkur to expand the Jurisdiction meteorological services.
- FM Qureshi, Afghan counterpart discusses the establishment of a border market. In a bid to increase bilateral trade volume, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi on Monday said that the government was determined to establish a market along the Pak-Afghan border
- 1,556 illegal petrol pumps sealed across Pakistan. Following the directives of Prime Minister (PM) Imran Khan, as many as 1,556 illegal fuel stations were sealed during an ongoing countrywide crackdown against the sale of smuggled petroleum products
- 2 magnitude earthquake jolts Mansehra, other KP areas. A 5.2-magnitude earthquake jolted several parts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in the wee hours of Monday morning
- Punjab Govt Takes Big Decision For Lahore’s Beautification. The Punjab government has approved the establishment of Lahore Central Business District (CBD) Development Authority under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Usman Buzdar, said sources.
- LUMS student protesters want campus reopened for everyone. Students of the Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) want the varsity to reopen its campus for all students as Pakistan has instructed all universities to resume physical classes from February 1.
- Rupee weakens against dollar. The Pakistani rupee weakened against the United States (US) dollar as it depreciated by five paise on the first trading day of the week (Monday).
- Faisalabad: Six children, two teachers test positive for coronavirus. Six children and two teachers have tested positive for the novel coronavirus in the last 24 hours, according to the Punjab health department.
- ‘Confident’ Babar Azam eyes winning start against South Africa.Pakistan Test captain Babar Azam has revealed that he is ‘confident’ about the team’s preparation ahead of the Test series against South Africa.
January 26, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Shafqat Mahmood takes notice of students protesting against physical exams. The Higher Education Commission has been instructed to consult with the vice-chancellors of varsities over the matter of online examinations, Federal Education Minister Shafqat Mahmood said.
- Sindh Govt Announces Public Holiday on February 5.Sindh government has announced a public holiday on 5th of February (Friday) throughout the province on the occasion of “Kashmir Solidarity Day”.
- Sindh To Receive COVID-19 Vaccine First Batch In Feb.The government of Sindh has placed its order for the COVID-19 vaccine, sources at the provincial health department disclosed.
- Kashmiris Observing India’s Republic Day As Black Day. Kashmiris on both sides of the Line of Control (LoC) and the world over are observing the Indian Republic Day today (Tuesday) as Black Day to convey the message to the international community that India continues to deny them their inalienable right to self-determination.
- WHO Recognizes Madina As World’s Healthiest Cities. The World Health Organisation (WHO) has recognized the city of Medina in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, among the world’s healthiest cities.
- LHC accepts a petition seeking ban on TikTok, Bigo, Likee. The Lahore High Court (LHC) on Tuesday overruled its registrar’s office’s objections to a writ petition seeking a ban on a number of social media applications, including TikTok, Bigo Live, and Likee.
- Pakistan opposes new permanent seats in UNSC. Pakistan has opposed the creation of new permanent seats in the United Nations Security Council (UNSC).
- Rupee strengthens against the US dollar. The Pakistani rupee appreciated Rs0.16 against the United States (US) dollar in the interbank market on Tuesday, according to the State Bank.
- South Africa Women complete ODI series sweep against Pakistan. South Women handed a 32-run defeat to Pakistan in the third and final ODI to complete a 3-0 clean sweep.
January 27, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Govt To Provide Free of Cost COVID Vaccine To General Public: Dr. Sultan. Prime Minister’s Special Assistant on National Health Services Dr. Faisal Sultan says the government will provide COVID19 vaccine free of cost to the general public.
- Pakistan to begin COVID-19 vaccination drive next week: Asad Umar. Federal Planning and Development Minister Asad Umar announced on Wednesday that Pakistan will launch its COVID-19 vaccination drive next week, starting with front-line health workers.
- PIA decides it will fight for Roosevelt Hotel in the Reko Diq case. The Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) has Wednesday announced it will be contesting to save its New York’s Roosevelt Hotel which is being evaluated by a British Virgin Islands (BVI) court to settle the Reko Diq case as it was mortgaged against the deal
- NCOC decides to reopen universities across the country.The National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) has decided to reopen varsities across the country from February 1 which was shut due to the spread of COVID-19 during its second wave
- HEC allows universities to conduct online exams based on their capacity.Taking notice of concerns raised by students of some universities that their exams should be conducted online, Higher Education Commission(HEC) has allowed universities to conduct exams, either on-campus or online based on their capacity
- Punjab government reimposes ban on Basant. The Punjab government has reimposed its ban on Basant celebrations across the province and initiated action against businesses involved in the purchase and sale of kites.
- Peshawar University to hold all exams online. Peshawar University has decided to hold its fall semester exams online this year
- KP govt decides to start a second shift in schools. In an effort to bring the maximum number of children to schools, the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government on Wednesday decided to start a second shift in public sector educational institutions across the province
- Pakistan Secure First Innings Lead of 88 Runs Against SA.Pakistan were 308 for eight — a lead of 88 — at the close of play Wednesday on the second day of the opening Test against South Africa in Karachi.
January 28, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Pakistan Railways fails to restore crashed reservation system. Despite 44 longs hours, the nationwide crashed reservation system of the Pakistan Railways (PR) could not be restored
- PIA plane to airlift 0.5 million Covid-19 jabs from Beijing. A Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) aircraft will fly to Beijing to bring more than 500,000 doses of a coronavirus vaccine to Pakistan
- PM Imran to launch ‘Kamyab Kisan’ scheme, distribute tractors. Prime Minister Imran Khan will pay a day-long visit to Punjab’s Sahiwal district tomorrow (Friday) to launch the “Kamyab Kisan” scheme.
- Three TTP terrorists arrested in Karachi. Police on Thursday arrested three terrorists of the banned outfit, the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) in Karachi’s area of Qayoomabad
- HEC directs universities to hold online examinations. The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has said that universities have been directed to conduct online exams for the current semester
- PIA to operate Turbat-Sharjah flights twice a week. The national flag carrier, Pakistan International Airlines (PIA), has decided to operate flights from Turbat to Sharjah to facilitate residents of Turbat
- OGRA hikes gas prices by almost Rs40 for Sindh, Balochistan consumers. The Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) has Thursday approved an upward revision in the Sui Southern Gas Company (SSGC) tariffs by almost Rs40 per MMBtu which will translate into the consumer bills of Balochistan and Sindh
- Rupee strengthens against the US dollar. The Pakistani rupee appreciated by Rs0.26 against the United States (US) dollar in the interbank market on Thursday, according to the State Bank.
- Gold rates move up in the local market. Gold prices continued their upward trend as the per tola price of the precious metal on Thursday witnessed an increase of Rs50 to Rs112,950 in the domestic market
- Day Three Karachi Test: SA Score 187/4. Pakistan’s spinners Yasir Shah and Nauman Ali grabbed three wickets in the space of ten runs to halt South Africa’s fightback on the third day of the first Test in Karachi on Thursday.
January 29, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Increase In Petroleum Products Likely From Feb 1. The Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) has recommended an increase in the price of petroleum products by up to Rs12 per liter from February 1.
- PIA Aircraft Seized In Malaysia Returned Back To Country. A Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) aircraft which was seized by the Malaysian authorities over a lease dispute earlier this month has arrived in Islamabad.
- Indian Forces Martyr Three Kashmiri Youth in IoK.In Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir, Indian troops in their fresh act of state terrorism martyred three youth in the Tral area of Pulwama district, today (Friday).
- COAS General Bajwa, Qatar Emir discusses security cooperation. Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa called on Qatar Emir, Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al-Thani
- PR fails to fully restore crashed reservation system. Pakistan Railways (PR) has failed to fully restore its nationwide crashed reservation system even after the passage of 72 hours
- Punjab govt to launch Special Enrollment Campaign from Monday. Punjab government will launch a Special Enrollment Campaign from Monday, to bring back children to schools who have not returned due to the COVID-19 crisis.
- SSC, HSC Exams To Be Held in May, June in Punjab. Exams for Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) classes in Punjab will be held in May and June this year.
- A small explosion occurs near the Israeli embassy in New Delhi: police. A small blast near the Israeli embassy in New Delhi on Friday was caused by a “very low-intensity improvised device” a police spokesman said, adding that there were no injuries.
- Pakistan Defeat South Africa In First Test By 7 Wickets. Pakistan defeated South Africa in the first test match by 7 wickets.
- Rupee edges higher to Rs160.10 against the US dollar. The Pakistani rupee appreciated Rs0.18 against the United States (US) dollar in the interbank market on Friday, according to the State Bank.
January 30, 2021 Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- 18 more IPPs agree to govt’s terms for cheap electricity. The energy ministry has announced contracts with 18 new independent power producers (IPPs) including wind power units, for cheaper electricity in the country
- PM Imran Khan to address a public gathering in AJK on February 05. Prime Minister Imran Khan has decided to address a public gathering in Kotli, Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) on February 05 to express solidarity with the Kashmiris, who are facing brutal injustices at the hand of the Indian authorities
- A large number of fish dead as India releases poisonous water in the Sutlej River. A large number of fish have died and several fish seeds at pond areas have been damaged due to poisonous water release from India in the Sutlej River.
- PR faces a daily loss of over Rs30mn as its reservation system remains suspended. Pakistan Railways (PR) is facing a daily loss of over Rs30mn as its IT department fails to fully restore the nationwide crashed reservation system even four days
- Pakistan to receive 0.5 million Covid-19 jabs from China on Feb 1: sources. The first batch of coronavirus vaccine is expected to reach Pakistan from China on February 1
- Primary classes, universities to reopen from Feb 1: Shafqat Mahmood. Federal Minister for Education and National History and Literary Heritage, Shafqat Mahmood has said on Saturday that primary classes and universities will be reopened from February 1
- UAE to offer citizenship to investors, professionals. The UAE will now allow the naturalization of investors and doctors, among other categories. The decision is a complete shift from the historical GCC practice of offering only visas to foreign nationals.
- Bilquis Edhi Declared ‘Person of the Decade’ by Impact Hallmarks. Impact Hallmarks (IH) on Friday has declared the noted philanthropist and humanitarian, Bilquis Edhi, as the ‘Person of the Decade’.
- President congratulates Pakistan cricket team over 1st test match win against South Africa.
Click on the Link Below & Download in Word Format…
HERE YOU CAN ALSO FIND…