TOP PAKISTAN CURRENT AFFAIRS- FEBRUARY 2021
Current affairs are that news that is popular than the others and one needs to know to be aware of the recent happenings, both national and international. Media is the body that plays a crucial role so that all the people of the country stay updated about the happenings around them. Gk and Current Affairs play a crucial role in the competitive exam preparation as well as it makes you more knowledgeable. It is important to follow a trusted source to stay updated with daily news and updates. Here you can find day by day Top Pakistan Current Affairs February 2021.
February 01, 2021- Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- PAF plane carrying the first batch of COVID-19 vaccine reaches Islamabad. A special Pakistan Air Force (PAF) plane with the first batch of COVID-19 vaccine doses has reached Islamabad today (Monday)
- Hike in prices of petroleum products challenged in LHC. A writ petition challenging the recent hike in prices of petroleum products was filed in the Lahore High Court (LHC) on Monday
- Punjab CM to launch corona vaccination from Wednesday: Rashid. Chief Minister of Punjab will launch coronavirus vaccination drive in the province from Wednesday, ARY News reported.
- Countrywide anti-COVID-19 vaccination drive to begin from February 3. The federal government has decided to launch a countrywide anti-COVID-19 vaccination drive from February 3
- Ogra notifies over Rs10/kg increase in LPG price. The Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (Ogra) notified Monday a Rs10.37 per kilogramme increase in price of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) for the month of February.
- Three terrorists killed near Pak-Afghan border: ISPR. Three terrorists were killed during an intelligence-based operation (IBO) near the Pak-Afghan border in Lower Dir on Monday
- PM Approves Solarization Of Tubewells To Facilitate Farmers In Balochistan. Prime Minister Imran Khan has approved solarization of tubewells located in Balochistan province to facilitate the farmers and growers.
- All remaining educational institutions re-opened from today. All remaining educational institutions have been re-opened from today across the country after closure due to COVID-19.
- Gold prices rise in the domestic market. The per tola gold price on Monday witnessed an increase of Rs350 to Rs113,300 in the domestic market
February 02, 2021- Top Pakistan Current Affair
- Pakistan starts the Covid vaccination drive today. Prime Minister Imran Khan will launch Pakistan’s anti-Covid vaccination drive that sees health workers at the forefront of the country’s fight against the pandemic getting the jab in the first phase.
- PM Imran sets conditions for accepting the opposition’s demand of his resignation.Prime Minister Imran Khan has offered the country’s opposition a condition for his resignation saying that he would resign from his post if they agree to return the looted money
- Pakistan summons senior Indian diplomat over ceasefire violation at LoC.A senior Indian diplomat was summoned to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs today to register Pakistan’s strong protest over ceasefire violations by the Indian forces along the Line of Control (LoC) on February 02, resulting in serious injuries to four civilians including three women
- FIA arrests another pilot in a fake license scandal. Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) has arrested the second pilot from Islamabad in fake pilots’ license scandal
- Pakistan, India must resolve the Kashmir dispute in a peaceful manner: COAS Bajwa. Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa said on Tuesday that Pakistan and India must resolve the longstanding issue of Kashmir in a peaceful manner, said Inter-Services Public Relations in a statement.
- OGDCL discovers gas, condensate reserves in Hyderabad.In a major development, the Oil and Gas Development Company Limited (OGDCL) has announced the discovery of gas and condensate reserves in district Hyderabad of Sindh province
- Punjab allows 15 years of relaxation in the age limit for govt jobs.The Punjab government on Tuesday approved the relaxation of up to 15 years in the upper age limit for government jobs in the province
- Govt orders removal of Iqbal’s botched sculpture after social media reaction. The Punjab government on Tuesday ordered the immediate removal of a recent sculpture of the ‘poet of the east’ Allama Iqbal after social media reaction over its botched artistic work.
- Sindh prepares ‘strategy, model paper’ for matric, inter exams.The Sindh Education Department has finalized the strategy and a model paper for conducting examinations of matriculation and intermediate students
- CTD arrests most wanted terrorists in Karachi.The Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) and a sensitive institution have arrested a most wanted terrorist named in ‘Red Book’ during a joint raid in Karachi
February 03, 2021-Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Sindh rejects HEC’s decision to abolish two-year bachelors’ degrees. The Sindh and federal government are at odds over the Higher Education Commission’s new policy on abolishing two-year bachelors’ programs across the country.
- ECP to announce Senate elections scheduled on February 11. The Election Commission has said that it will announced the schedule for the upcoming Senate elections on February 11.
- Pakistan Railways restores Jinnah Express after 11 months. The Pakistan Railways has decided to restore the Jinnah Express on February 5.
- Pakistan successfully test-fires Ghanznavi ballistic missile: ISPR.Pakistan on Wednesday successfully test-fired surface-to-surface ballistic missile Ghaznavi, which could hit its target within a range of 290 kilometers
- Gold prices fall in the domestic market.The per tola gold price on Wednesday witnessed a decrease of Rs100 to Rs12,7500 in the domestic market
- Saudi Arabia imposes a temporary ban on entry from 21 countries.Saudi Arabia has imposed a temporary ban on entry of passengers from 21 countries including Pakistan, however, Saudi citizens, diplomats, health practitioners, and their families were exempted from the travel restrictions
- NEPRA sets hearing on govt request to hike power tariff tomorrow.The National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) has set a hearing on the federal government’s request to increase the power tariff in the country by Rs1.95 per unit on Thursday (tomorrow)
- Pakistan To Face SA In 2nd Test Tomorrow. Pakistan to face South Africa in the Rawalpindi test match tomorrow.
- New Zealand qualifies for the ICC World Test Championship final. New Zealand qualified for the International Cricket Council (ICC) World Test Championship after Australia’s Test tour of South Africa was canceled.
February 05, 2021-Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Saudi Arabia, UAE Agree To Give Loan Relief To Pakistan. Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have not withdrawn loans worth $2 billion that matured last month, signalling that relations between Pakistan and the two key Gulf nations are getting better.
- Pakistan Stands United With Kashmiris In Their Legitimate Struggle: PM. Prime Minister Imran Khan says Pakistan has always stood for peace in the region, but the onus of creating an enabling environment lies with India.
- Pakistan Will Continue Supporting Kashmiris’ Struggle: President. President Arif Alvi has reaffirmed Pakistan’s determination to continue to extend moral, political and diplomatic support to the Kashmiri people in their just struggle for right to self-determination.
- One Killed, 5 Injured in Quetta Blast. One person was killed and five other left injured in a blast on Quetta’s Incosimb road.
- Punjab govt decides to launch the ‘Kamyab Jawan Junior’ program. The Punjab government, in collaboration with the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF), has decided to launch the Kamyab Jawan Junior program in the province
- Punjab allows wedding ceremonies in ventilated marquees. The Government of Punjab has allowed wedding ceremonies to be held in marquees under health guidelines to halt the spread of coronavirus.
- SA vs Pak 2nd Test: South Africa Lost Early 4 Wickets At End Of Day. Pakistan took four early South African wickets to dominate the second Test in Rawalpindi on Friday.
- Pakistan Bowled Out At 272 In First Innings Against SA In Second Test. Pakistan, resuming at 145-3, were bowled out for 272 in their first innings in the second Test against South Africa at Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium on Friday.
- Bookie arrested during 2nd test match between Pakistan and SA.Pakistan Cricket Board’s anti-corruption unit has caught a bookie, allegedly involved in the betting process during the ongoing test match between Pakistan and South Africa, ARY News reported on Friday.
February 06, 2021-Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Govt To Announce Big Package for Farmers: PM Imran. Prime Minister Imran Khan says government is determined for the development of agriculture sector and prosperity of farmers for which it will soon announce the biggest agriculture package of Pakistan’s history.
- COVID-19 Claims 28 More Lives in Pakistan. Pakistan has recorded 28 more coronavirus-related deaths in past 24 hours, surging the overall death toll to 11,914.
- Three People Killed By Speeding Bus in Karachi. Three people were crushed to death and five others were injured by a speeding passenger bus in Karachi’s Landhi on Saturday.
- NY State Assembly passes resolution to observe Feb 5 as Kashmir American Day. New York (NY) State Assembly has passed a resolution to observe February 5 as Kashmir American Day, ARY News reported on Saturday.
- PM Imran, Abu Dhabi crown prince discusses matters of mutual interest. Prime Minister Imran Khan on Saturday held a telephonic conversation with Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces.
- IoK Has Become World’s Largest Open-Air Prison: FM. Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has said India should be forced to rescind its illegal and unilateral actions in illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir and move towards a peaceful settlement of Kashmir dispute as per the UNSC resolutions.
- Gold price staggers as tola drops to Rs111,800. The price of gold has dropped by Rs1,500 in Pakistan in February so far. A tola now costs Rs111,800, according to rates shared by the All-Sindh Sarafa Jewelers Association on Saturday.
- SA All Out At 201 Runs in 1st Innings of Pindi Test. South Africa were bowled out for 201 runs in the second and final Test match against Pakistan at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium on Saturday. The Green Caps lead the Proteas by 71 runs as they scored 272 in their first innings.
- Pakistan Super League releases the official anthem for the sixth edition. The mega cricket tournament starts on February 20 in Karachi. Reigning champions Karachi Kings face 2019 winners Quetta Gladiators in the opening game.
February 07, 2021-Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- 53 More Deaths, 1,346 New Cases Reported In Country Due To Coronavirus.53 more deaths due to Coronavirus infection and 1,346 new positive cases were reported in the country during the last 24 hours.
- FATF meets to decide on Pakistan’s case February 22.The Financial Action Task Force will hold a three-day virtual meeting on February 22 to decide whether Pakistan would stay on its Grey List.
- Another Scam Appears In CAA, Suspended Pilot Recieved Rs 5.4 Million In Fake Manner.After the fake license scandal another scandal of granting a pilot flying allowance in the fake manner has surfaced.
- Punjab govt signs agreement to build small, intermediate dams.In a bid to utilize water resources in an efficient manner, the Punjab government on Sunday signed an agreement to build small and intermediate dams in the province
- Pakistan, Iceland FMs Discuss Issue Of Missing Mountaineer.Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi telephoned his Iceland counterpart Gudlaugur Thór Thórdarson and discussed the issue of missing Icelandic mountaineer John Snorri.
- Sadpara, two other mountaineers still missing as second day rescue operation concludes.The second-day rescue operation of Pakistan Army helicopters to locate three climbers, including Pakistan’s Muhammad Ali Sadpara, who went missing while attempting to summit the world’s second-highest mountain ended with no sign of finding missing climbers.
- Pakistan Give SA Fighting Target Of 370 Runs In 2nd Innings.Pakistan have handed a fighting target of 370 runs to South Africa courtesy a brilliant unbeaten century by wicketkeeper batsman Mohammad Rizwan.
- PSL6 tickets to go on sale next week.The sale of tickets for Pakistan Super League’s 6th edition will start next week, sources within the Pakistan Cricket Board said Sunday.
February 08, 2021-Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Corona Claims 59 Lives In Country During Last 24 Hours.Fifty-nine more people died of Covid-19 across the country over the last twenty-four hours, taking the total tally to 12,026.
- LHC issues notices to OGRA, govt on hike in petroleum prices.The Lahore High Court (LHC) on Monday issued notices to the federal government, Oil and Gas Regulator Authority (OGRA) and others on a petition challenging the recent hike in prices of petroleum products.
- Muhammad Ali Sadpara our national hero: DG ISPR.Director General of the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Maj Gen Babar Iftikhar said on Monday Muhammad Ali Sadpara, who went missing while attempting a K2 winter summit along with two foreign climbers, is “our national hero.”
- Army Is Not Dealing Any Matter With Anyone Back Door: DG ISPR.Director General Inter Service Public Relations Major General Baber Iftakhar has said that Pakistan Army has nothing to do with politics adding that the army faces internal and external many challenges and threats.
- Pakistan Army Decides To Give Coronavirus Vaccines To Health Workers.Pakistan Army has decided to give all the vaccines donated by People’s Liberation Army to Pakistan Army to the frontline health workers across the country.
- Martial Law Declared In Parts Of Myanmar As Outrage Over Coup Grows.Martial law was declared in parts of Myanmar’s second largest city Mandalay Monday, after hundreds of thousands rallied across the country against the coup and the military issued a stern warning against further protests.
- Gold Prices Remain Unchanged.The price of 24 karat per tola gold remained unchanged at 111,800, Karachi Sarafa Association reported Monday.
- Rupee appreciates by 43 paisa against US dollar.The Pakistani rupee continued to strengthen against the United States (US) dollar on Monday as it appreciated by 43 paisa against the greenback in the interbank.
- Pakistan Clean Sweeps Against South Africa.Pakistan won its first Test series against South Africa since 2003 with a 95-run victory on the final day in Rawalpindi on Monday.
February 09, 2021-Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- PM Imran to announce special package for Sindh next week: Governor.Sindh Governor Imran Ismail said on Tuesday that Prime Minister Imran Khan will visit Karachi next week where he will announce a special package for Sindh districts
- Search Operation For Ali Sadpara Delayed Owing To Bad Weather.The search operation for missing climbers including Pakistan renown Ali Sadpara and two other foreign climbers has been delayed due to harsh weather conditions on fourth day.
- Pakistan-Turkey Joint Military Exercise ATATURK-XI Starts.Pakistan-Turkey Joint Military Exercise ATATURK-XI Has Started.
- UAE’s Hope Probe enters Mars orbit in first Arab mission.The United Arab Emirates’ first mission to Mars reached the red planet and entered orbit on Tuesday after a seven-month, 494 million km journey, allowing it to start sending data about the Martian atmosphere and climate.
- Quaid-e-Azam House in Karachi to be turned into nation-building institute.The Sindh government has decided to transform the Quaid-e-Azam House in Karachi into a nation-building institute.
- K-Electric seeks Nepra approval to increase electricity price by Rs1.71.The K-Eletric has submitted an application to the National Power Regulatory Authority seeking to increase the per unit electricity price by Rs1.71.
- HEC Invites Proposals for CPEC Collaborative Research Grant 2021.Higher Education Commission (HEC) has invited research proposals from faculty members of higher education institutions for CPEC Collaborative Research Grant (CPEC-CRG) 2021.
- Pakistani Rupee Continues to Gain Against the US Dollar.The Pakistani Rupee (PKR) continues to maintain its strength against the US Dollar in the international currency market, staying below Rs. 160 exchange rate and posting gradual improvements every day.
- Pakistan Moves Up On ICC Test Rankings.Pakistan cricket team regained its place among top 5 Test teams of the world with a 2-0 series win against South Africa.
February 10, 2021-Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- OGRA Hikes Gas Prices For SSGC Consumers.The Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) on Wednesday approved hike up to 2 percent in gas prices for Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited (SNGPL) consumers.
- Turkey Announces Moon Mission.Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan revealed a 10-year space program on Tuesday. It includes ambitious plans such as sending Turkish astronauts to the moon.
- Government Employees Protest For Salary Hike Intensified in Islamabad.Islamabad Police on Wednesday fired tear gas at protesting government employees when they were heading towards the Parliament House located on the Constitution Avenue.
- Magnitude 7.7 earthquake generates tsunami in South Pacific.A 7.7-magnitude earthquake struck in the South Pacific on Thursday, generating a tsunami that threatened island nations in the region.
- ‘5G services to be launched in Pakistan in December 2022’.Federal Minister for IT and Telecommunication Syed Aminul Haque said that 5G services will be launched in Pakistan in December 2022.
- Pakistan strongly condemns drone attacks on Saudi airport.Pakistan on Wednesday strongly condemned Houthi militants’ drone attacks on Abha International Airport in Saudi Arabia
- Multinational Maritime Exercise Aman-2021 To Begin In Karachi From Tomorrow.The seventh edition of the multinational maritime exercise Aman-2021 is commencing in Karachi and in the Pakistani waters from Thursday.
- T20 Series Between Pakistan and South Africa Begins Tomorrow.The Twenty20 International (T20I) series between Pakistan and South Africa is all set to begin on Thursday (tomorrow) as the Green Shirts are determined to down the Proteas in the shortest format after sweeping them in Tests.
- Mohammad Rizwan, Hasan Ali make progress in ICC Test rankings.Star fast-bowler Hasan Ali and wicketkeeper-batsman Mohammad Rizwan are amongst the Pakistan players who have improved their positions in the recently announced ICC Test rankings.
February 11, 2021-Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Kid Martyred, Seven Others Injured In Cross Border Attack From Afghanistan: ISPR.A five-year-old boy was martyred and seven other children were injured in a cross-border attack from Afghanistan, said Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) in a statement.
- PM Imran Khan Approves Hike In Salaries Of Govt Employees.Prime Minister Imran Khan on Thursday approved increase in salaries of government employees after a protest in the federal capital.
- Govt Announces 25% Adhoc Allowance For All Federal Employees Of BPS 1 to 19.The government has announced twenty five percent Adhoc allowance for all federal employees of Basic Pay Scale one to nineteen.
- ECP Announces Senate Elections To Be Held On March 3.The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has announced that Senate elections will be held on 3rd of next month.
- Pakistan Successfully Tests Fire Babur Cruise Missile.Pakistan has conducted a successful training launch of Babur Cruise Missile, with a range of 450 kilometers.
- 5 Charged Over Choosing To Receive Receipt After ATM Transaction.Payment Service Provider (PSP) 1Link has clarified that the fee being charged on receipts after withdrawing cash from ATMs is a part of Go Green exercise to ‘reduce litter’ and to ‘lower the cost of printed receipts’, which users can opt out of by not operating the machine to produce the receipt.
- Pakistan Beat SA In First T20 After Close Encounter.Pakistan overcame belligerent resistance from South African batsmen to win the first T20 international by three runs on Thursday at the Gaddafi Stadium.
- Gold prices continue to fall in domestic market.Gold prices extended a downward trend in the domestic market for the second consecutive day on Thursday as per tola price of yellow metal decreased by Rs100 to Rs111,850
- Rupee strengthens against US dollar.The Pakistani rupee continued to strengthen against the United States (US) dollar on Thursday as it appreciated by 24 paisa against the greenback in the interbank.
February 12, 2021-Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Earthquake Jolts Various Parts of Country.A 6.4 magnitude earthquake jolted various parts of Pakistan, including Islamabad, Lahore, Peshawar and Murree on Friday night.
- Four Personnel Embrace Martyrdom In Terrorist Attack In S Waziristan.As many as four terrorists were killed in a retaliatory action in South Waziristan when terrorists attack a security check post in South Waziristan martyring fours soldiers of Pakistan army.
- ECP Starts Process Of Receiving Nomination Papers For Senate Elections.Election Commission of Pakistan started from today (Friday) the process of receiving nomination papers for the Senate elections to be held on the third of next month.
- Search Operation For Ali Sadpara Resumes.The search and rescue operation to locate missing climbers Muhammad Ali Sadpara, John Snorri and Juan Pablo Mohr on K2 resumed today.
- NEPRA Approves Rs1.95 Per Unit Hike In Electricity.The National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (Nepra) on Friday approved an increase of Rs1.95 per unit in power tariff, putting an additional burden of Rs200 billion on consumers.
- Sugar Prices Incensed By Rs3.5/kg: PBS.The recurring surge in the petroleum product costs has reflected harmfully on the essential commodities as inflation statistics expressed Friday an incremental rise attributable to the costs of transportation as collective price index crosses 9 per cent.
- Gold prices fall in domestic market.Gold prices continued to fall for the third straight day on Friday as per tola price of yellow metal registered a decline of Rs1,050 to 110,900 in the domestic market
- Pakistani rupee continues rally against US dollar.The Pakistani rupee continued to strengthen against the United States (US) dollar on Friday as it appreciated by 25 paisa against the greenback in the interbank.
- Pakistan To Tour South Africa For Limited Overs Series In April.Pakistan will play a limited over series, which includes ODIs and T20s, against South Africa in their home conditions from April 2 till April 16, said a statement issued by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Friday.
February 13, 2021-Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- OGRA Proposes Hike in Petroleum Prices: Sources.The Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) on Saturday proposed Rs16 per litre hike in petrol price from February 16.
- COVID-19 Claims 58 More Lives in Pakistan.Fifty-eight deaths and 1,262 new cases of Coronavirus were reported across the country over the last twenty-four hours.
- Rajab Moon Not Sighted in Pakistan.The moon for the month of Rajab was not sighted in Pakistan on Friday evening, the Ruet-e-Hilal Committee said.
- Sindh govt plans to produce 200 MW electricity from garbage in Karachi.Sindh government has decided to solve the garbage issue in the city as it plans to utilize it for producing electricity, which would not only help in overcoming power shortage and but would also help in lifting heaps of trash from the city’s roads
- Police arrest former bar president in IHC attack case.Police on Saturday arrested former president District Bar Islamabad Malik Zafar Khokhar in Islamabad High Court (IHC) attack case
- Pakistan Awaits a Clear Response From Saudi Arabia for Hajj.The Federal Minister for Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony, Noorul Haq Qadri, said on Friday that the Government of Pakistan is awaiting a clear response from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) about Hajj 2021.
- South Africa Beat Pakistan By Six Wickets In 2nd T20.Pite van Biljon and Reeza Hendricks scored 42 runs each as South Africa beat Pakistan by six wickets in second T20I to level the thre-matches series 1-1.
- PSL 6 Opening Ceremony Will Not Be Broadcast Live.According to reports, the opening ceremony of Pakistan Super League (PSL) 6 will not be held live instead the ceremony will be pre-recorded and will be aired before the start of the first match of the tournament.
February 14, 2021-Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Pakistan condemns killing of 13 Turkish nationals in Iraq terror attack.Pakistan on Sunday condemns in strongest terms the heinous act of terrorism in which 13 Turkish nationals were martyred in Gara, Iraq
- Coronavirus kills 31 more, infects 1,404 over 24 hours.The coronavirus claimed 31 more lives as another 1,404 people tested positive for the deadly disease during the past 24 hours across Pakistan.
- Punjab govt announces dates for matric, intermediate examinations.The Punjab government on Saturday announced dates for matriculation and intermediate exams for all boards across the province
- No confirmation of this year’s Hajj yet: Pakistan minister.The Saudi government has not yet confirmed that this year’s Hajj will be held according to normal routine or the coronavirus SOPs, Religious Affairs Minister Noorul Haq Qadri said Sunday.
- Punjab youth makes mini electric tractor to curb air pollution.In a bid to curb air pollution and planet-warming carbon emissions, a man created a mini electric tractor in Punjab
- Pakistan Army troops continue ‘Jidar-ul-Hadeed’ exercise in Thar desert.The troops of Karachi Corps, during the ongoing Exercise “Jidar -ul- Hadeed” in Thar Desert, were busy in practicing coordinated, all-round defence and survival techniques under challenging conditions
- Pakistan Railways to restore Lahore-Multan Musa Pak Express train service.The Pakistan Railways has decided to restore the Musa Pak Express train service from February 15, it said Sunday.
- Pakistan end South Africa’s unbeaten Asia record with T20 series win.Tail-ender Hasan Ali hit two sixes in the penultimate over to help Pakistan clinch the Twenty20 international series against South Africa with a four-wicket win in the third and final match in Lahore on Sunday.
February 15, 2021-Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Provision of Relief To Poor Top Priority: PM Khan. Prime Minister Imran Khan has directed the government’s economic team to suggest out-of-box solutions for reducing the burden of indirect taxes and to ensure a balance between state revenue and expenditure.
- FC Soldier Martyred In Balochistan: ISPR.Personnel of FC Balochistan embraced martyrdom in exchange of fire with terrorists near Hoshab, District Kech late last night.
- Coronavirus Claims 26 More Lives in Pakistan. Twenty-six more people died of COVID-19 with 1,048 new cases reported across the country over the last twenty-four hours.
- Pakistan govt maintains petroleum prices for the next two weeks. The government has decided to maintain the petroleum prices for the rest of the month.
- Punjab announces the date to reopen medical, dental colleges.The classes in Punjab’s public sector medical and dental colleges will start on February 22
- The first polio case of 2021 confirmed in Qilla Abdullah.With Pakistan struggling to eradicate the crippling disease, the first polio case of the year 2021 was confirmed in Balochistan’s Qilla Abdullah district on Monday.
- UAE to open visa center in Lahore: report. The United Arab Emirates will soon open its visa center in Lahore, according to a report.
- Gold prices rise in the domestic market.The per tola gold price on Monday witnessed an increase of Rs50 to Rs111,050 in the domestic market
- Pakistan becomes the first Test side to win 100 T20I matches. Pakistan on Sunday became the first Test-playing side to reach the 100-win mark in T20Is.
February 16, 2021-Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Coronavirus Claims 47 More Lives. Forty-seven more people died of COVID-19 across the country over the last twenty-four hours.
- FM Leaves For Egypt On Two-day Visit. Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has left for Egypt on a two-day visit on the invitation of his Egyptian counterpart.
- Government cuts the passport fee by half. Interior Minister Sheikh Rasheed Ahmed announced on Tuesday that the government has cut the fee for a ten-year validity passport by 50 percent.
- Pakistan, IMF reach staff-level agreement to pave way for the release of $500mn tranche.Pakistan and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) have reached a staff-level agreement on second to fifth reviews of the country’s reform program under the IMF Extended Fund Facility (EFF)
- Pakistan Navy’s multinational maritime exercise Aman-2021 concludes. The Pakistan Navy’s Multinational Maritime Exercise AMAN-21 culminated in the North Arabian Sea with “graceful” conduct of the international fleet review, according to a statement issued by PN spokesperson.
- The 20-year-old student found dead in the Lahore hostel. A 20-year-old student was found dead in a hostel in Lahore’s Township, the police said.
- The sale of tickets for HBL PSL starts on Wednesday. The sale of online tickets for the upcoming HBL Pakistan Super League’s (PSL) sixth edition will start on Wednesday, according to a statement issued by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on Tuesday.
- Misbah-ul-Haq opens up on Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Hafeez’s future. Pakistan head coach Misbah-ul-Haq has revealed that he is keen to have the services of the experienced due of Shoaib Malik and Mohammad Hafeez for the upcoming International Cricket Council (ICC) T20 World Cup.
February 17, 2021-Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Secret Operation By Security Forces In Mir Ali Kills Three Terrorists. Three terrorists were killed in an intelligence-based operation by security forces in the Mirali area of North Waziristan.
- PM Imran Khan launches spring tree plantation drive.Prime Minister Imran Khan has launched the 2021 spring tree plantation drive during a ceremony after planting a sapling in Islamabad
- PM Khan Likely Visit Sri Lanka Next Week. Prime Minister Imran Khan will be leading a high-level delegation on his first visit abroad this year when he leaves for Sri Lanka at the end of this month.
- Federal govt notifies cut in passport fee.The federal government on Wednesday notified a cut in the fee of a 10-year passport after Federal Interior Minister Sheikh Rasheed Ahmed announced the decision a day before
- Govt hints at lifting Covid-19 restrictions from March 1.The federal cabinet meeting on Wednesday decided to lift all restrictions on businesses from March 1 that had been placed last year to curb the spread of coronavirus
- Pakistanis living in Norway allowed keeping dual nationality.In a landmark decision, the Pakistan government on Wednesday has allowed its citizens living in Norway to keep dual nationality
- Gold prices drop in the domestic market.Gold prices fall in the domestic market as per tola price of yellow metal registered a decline of Rs900 to 110,300 in the local market
- Pakistani rupee strengthens against US dollar. The Pakistani rupee continued to strengthen against the United States (US) dollar on Wednesday as it appreciated by 28 paise against the greenback in the interbank.
- South Africa’s Faf du Plessis retires from Test cricket. Former South Africa skipper Faf du Plessis announced that he is bidding farewell to Test cricket with immediate effect.
February 18, 2021-Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Bomb Attack Injures Muslim Minister In West Bengal. West Bengal minister Jakir Hossain sustained serious injuries after crude bombs were hurled at him in the Murshidabad district.
- Muhammad Ali Sadpara Declared Dead. Muhammad Ali Sadpara, two foreign climbers were officially declared dead on Thursday in a press conference attended by the families of the climbers in Skardu.
- Mushahid Ullah Khan Laid To Rest. Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz senior leader and Senator Mushahid Ullah Khan laid to rest in Islamabad.
- Pakistan urges India to allow UN observers, int’l media to visit occupied Kashmir.Pakistan on Thursday urged New Delhi to allow the observers of the United Nations, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, the OIC Independent permanent human rights commission and the international media to visit occupied Kashmir to assess the real situation in the valley
- Five doctors injured as gunmen open fire in Gujrat hospital. At least five doctors were injured in a clash inside District Headquarters Hospital in Gujrat on Thursday, the police and rescue officials said.
- Pakistan to receive 2.8m AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccine doses by March 2.Pakistan will receive 2.8 million doses of the AstraZeneca-Oxford COVID-19 vaccine close to March 2, PM’s aide on health Dr. Faisal Sultan announced Thursday.
- Pakistanis can renew their passports for 10 years for Rs4,500. The federal government has decided to decrease the passport fee for the country residents.
- Gold rates move up in the domestic market.The per tola gold price on Thursday witnessed an increase of Rs100 to Rs111,200 in the domestic market
- South Africa’s Du Plessis Retires from Tests. Former South Africa captain Faf du Plessis has announced his retirement from Tests to make Twenty20 International cricket his priority with successive World Cups in the next two years.
February 19, 2021-Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- PM To Visit Sri Lanka on February 23, 24: FO. Foreign Office Spokesperson Zahid Hafeez Chaudhri has confirmed that Prime Minister Imran Khan will visit Sri Lanka on February 23 and 24.
- Govt Appoints Masoor Khan As Chairman OGRA. The government has appointed Masroor Khan as Chairman Oil and Gas Regularity Authority (OGRA) chairman.
- Pakistan Desires Peace In Afghanistan: FM. Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has said there is a need to keep an eye on the foreign elements which are active to spoil the Afghan peace process.
- Pakistani power installations may be in crosshairs of cyber attacks, says NEPRA head.The National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) noted it is necessary to deal with data violations and overcome cyber-attack challenges posed to industrial installations of the power sector in Pakistan as it held a cyber-security webinar on Friday
- Lahore zoo animals test negative for coronavirus: official.All animals at the Lahore Zoo tested negative for coronavirus, an official said Friday
- China confirms four soldiers died in a clash with Indian troops. China’s defense ministry on Friday named four soldiers killed in a brawl with Indian forces last year, the first confirmation of deaths by Beijing from the border clash that also killed at least 20 Indian soldiers.
- ECC okays revocation of Neelum Jhelum surcharge to power consumers.In a bid to provide relief to the masses, the Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) of the Cabinet has approved the revocation of the Neelum Jhelum surcharge to the electricity consumers with immediate effect
- Gold prices fall in the domestic market.The per tola gold price on Friday witnessed a decrease of Rs450 to Rs109,750 in the domestic market
February 20, 2021-Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- COVID-19 Claims 36 More Lives in Pakistan. Thirty-six people died of coronavirus infection, whereas 1,340 new cases were reported during the last twenty-four hours in the country.
- Soldier martyred, two terrorists killed in North Waziristan IBO: ISPR. Two terrorists including an IED expert were killed during an intelligence-based operation (IBO) in North Waziristan, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said on Saturday.
- Pakistan to receive 5.6m Covid-19 vaccine doses by end of March: NCOC.The National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) on Saturday announced that Pakistan will receive at least 5.6 million doses of Covid vaccine by the end of next month
- Pakistan rejects India’s remarks regarding the visit of Delhi-based diplomats to IOK.Pakistan on Saturday rejects the Indian ministry of external affairs remarks regarding the recent visit of a group of Delhi-based diplomats to Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir
- Border Management With Afghanistan, Iran Being Improved: Rashid. Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmad has said the border fencing with Iran will be completed by the end of this year.
- COVID Vaccine: Registration For Senior Citizens Begin. The National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) on Saturday said that overall 3,14,500 COVID-19 vaccine shots have been provided to various parts of Pakistan.
- Gold price rises in the domestic market.The per tola gold price on Saturday registered an increase of Rs550 to Rs110,300 in the domestic market
- Jakarta slammed by monsoon floods, more than 1,000 forced to evacuate. Severe flooding across several areas in the Indonesian capital forced more than a thousand people to flee their homes on Saturday, with the country’s meteorology agency warning the conditions were set to continue for the next week.
- Karachi Kings thrash Quetta Gladiators by 7 wickets in PSL 6 opener. Karachi Kings won the opening match of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) sixth edition beating Quetta Gladiators by seven wickets in a one-sided match played at National Stadium Karachi on Saturday.
February 21, 2021-Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- 7 killed as Nigerian military aircraft crashes near Abuja airport.A Nigerian military aircraft has crashed near Abuja airport, killing all seven people on board, according to officials.
- Coronavirus kills 38 more, infects 1,329 over 24 hours.The coronavirus claimed 38 more lives as another 1,329 people tested positive for the deadly disease during the past 24 hours across Pakistan.
- Crackdown ordered on vehicles with tinted glasses, fake number plates.Lahore’s Chief Traffic Officer (CTO) Hammad Abid has ordered a crackdown on vehicles having tinted glasses and fake and fancy number plates.
- Pakistan eyes exclusion from grey list as FATF meets today.The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) will engage in a three-day meeting wherein it will discuss the status of Pakistan as the country could finally be removed from the greylist on a merit basis
- Protestors attack Geo, Jang media office.Protestors in the port city attacked the main office of Geo and Jang media group “under an elaborate plan”, said Karachi Bureau Chief Faheem Siddiqui.
- CPEC projects bring more than electricity to Pakistan.CPEC projects not only bring electricity to us, but also train professionals, and contribute to the well-being of local people for Pakistan
- Gold Rate In Pakistan Today, 21st February 2021.Gold Rate in Pakistan today on 21 February 2021 is being sold for Rs. 93110 per 10 grams, and the price of Gold is Rs. 108600 per tola in Pakistan today
- Islamabad United Win Against Multan Sultan By Three Wickets. Multan Sultans delivered a wide ball in the final over of the match to hand Islamabad United a victory, in the third match of the Pakistan Super League 2021, held at the National Stadium in Karachi.
- Lahore Qalandar Defeat Peshawar Zalmi By 4 Wickets. Mohammad Hafeez scored an unbeaten 33 as Lahore Qalandars chased down the target of 141 set by Peshawar Zalmi second match of sixth edition of Pakistan Super League (PSL) at National Cricket Stadium in Karachi on Sunday.
February 22, 2021-Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Pakistan Develops Electronic Voting Machine.As part of the government’s efforts to make the next general elections more transparent, the Ministry of Science and Technology has developed an electronic voting machine.
- Four Women Killed in Terrorist Attack in North Waziristan.Four women have been killed in a terrorist attack in Mirali area of North Waziristan district.
- ‘Over 350 terrorists killed, many arrested during Operation Radul Fasaad’.Operation Radul Fasaad has completed four years and to share its successes DG ISPR Major General Babar Iftikhar is addressing a press conference in Islamabad.
- Significant Achievements Made In Operation Radd-ul-Fasaad: DG ISPR.Director General ISPR Major General Babar Iftikhar says significant achievements have been made in all the domains of Operation Radd-ul-Fasaad to ensure durable peace across the country.
- LUMS to Launch Pakistan’s First-Ever Academic Program in Cryptocurrency.Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) has anchored investments exceeding Rs. 670 million in crypto tokens to design Pakistan’s first-ever academic program for blockchain
- Punjab Govt Launches Rehmatul-lil-Alameen Scholarship Program 2021.The government of Punjab has launched a special scholarship program ‘Rehmatul-lil-Alameen’ for the bright and underprivileged students across the province.
- Non-Customs Paid Cars Worth Rs. 11 Billion Recovered in Massive Crackdown. According to a recent media report, the authorities confiscated smuggled items worth Rs. 35 billion between July 2020 and January 2021. In comparison, smuggled items worth around Rs. 22 billion were seized between July 2019 and January 2020.
- Gold prices go up in domestic, international markets.The per tola gold price on Monday registered an increase of Rs350 to Rs110,700 in the domestic market
- Qalandars Beat Gladiators By Nine Wickets.Fakhar Zaman (82*) and Mohammad Hafeez (73*) consolidated for a match-winning partnership as Lahore Qalandars beat Quetta Gladiators by nine wickets in fourth match of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) season 6.
- New Zealand thrash Australia in first T20I.New Zealand beat Australia by 53 runs in the opening Twenty20 international played in Christchurch Monday. Devon Conway amassed an unbeaten 99 off 59 deliveries to lead the Black Caps to a total of 184 for five.
February 23, 2021-Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- PM Khan Arrives in Sri Lanka. Prime Minister Imran Khan arrived in Colombo a short while ago where he was received by his Sri Lankan counterpart Mahinda Rajapaksa at the airport.
- NEPRA Releases Power Breakdown Report. The National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) has released an inquiry report on major power breakdowns in the country.
- Sadpara Nominated For Civil Award. Gilgit-Baltistan (GB) cabinet on Tuesday has nominated renowned mountaineer Muhammad Ali Sadpara, who along with two other climbers lost his life in an attempt to summit K2 for a civil award.
- Three NBP Employees Arrested in Karachi. The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) on Tuesday arrested four people, including three employees of the National Bank of Pakistan (NBP), in an Rs8.4 million fraud case.
- Nine out 22 energy projects under CPEC completed.The federal government has made major progress in the energy-related projects under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) as nine out of a total of 22 power projects were completed
- Pakistan embassy in Saudi Arabia announces new passport fees. The Pakistan Embassy in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has announced new fees for the issuance of a new or renewal of passport in Saudi Arabia.
- North Waziristan police issue security alert for NGO workers.The district police of North Waziristan has issued a security alert for NGO workers after four women aid workers were shot in the region’s Miran Shah on Monday.
- Pakistani IT Exports Cross $1 Billion Taking Clients From Indian Companies.Pakistan’s IT exports maintained a tremendous momentum in the current financial year, crossing a mark of $1 billion merely in seven months of the financial year 2020-21.
- Gold price goes up in domestic market.The per tola gold price on Tuesday registered a minimal increase of Rs50 to Rs110,750 in the domestic market
February 24, 2021-Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- PM Calls On Sri Lankan President.Prime Minister Imran Khan has emphasized the importance of building robust economic partnership between Pakistan and Sri Lanka, characterized by enhanced bilateral trade, investment and commercial cooperation.
- Pakistan invites Sri Lanka to invest in CPEC, tourism.Prime Minister Imran Khan has invited the Sri Lankan business community to invest in the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor project.
- Pakistan to Get a New Modern Air Defense System Soon.Air Chief Marshal, Mujahid Anwar Khan, on Wednesday said that Pakistan will soon get a new state-of-the-art Air Defense System.
- FATF: Announcement To Be Made Tomorrow To Keep Pakistan On Gray List Or Not.The review meeting of Financial Action Task Force (FATF) regarding the Asia pacific report on Pakistan will conclude today after which announcement regarding keeping Pakistan on a gray list or remove it from the list will be made until tomorrow.
- Indian Troops Martyr Four Youth In IIOJK.In Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir, Indian troops in their fresh act of state terrorism martyred four Kashmiri youth in Islamabad district, today.
- WhatsApp will switch off messages for users who reject new terms.The Facebook-owned messaging platform WhatsApp announced that users who do not accept its updated terms and conditions by the 15 May deadline will be unable to receive or send messages.
- Pakistan to reopen cinemas, allow indoor weddings from March 15.The National Command and Operation Centre has decided to allow indoor weddings and reopening of cinemas and shrines in Pakistan from March 15. However, the coronavirus SOPs will remain in place.
- Pakistani Rupee Rises to Its Highest in 3 Months Against the US Dollar.The current week has seen consistent improvement for the PKR against the US Dollar. After touching its highest value on November 17, 2020, at Rs. 158.31 to the USD, the PKR is at its three-month highest once again, with an exchange rate of Rs. 158.76 to the greenback.
- Gold prices fall in domestic market.The per tola gold price on Wednesday witnessed a decrease of Rs50 to Rs110,650 in the domestic market
- Islamabad United Beat Karachi Kings By 5 Wickets.Islamabad United beat Karachi Kings by five wickets in the sixth fixture of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) at Karachi’s National Stadium on Wednesday.
February 25, 2021-Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- President AJK Lashes Out India For Changing Demography Of IoK.President Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) Sardar Masood Khan Wednesday urged upon Pakistani youth to excel in their fields, saying that a strong, united and economically prosper Pakistan guarantees the freedom of Kashmir.
- Pakistan To Remain on FATF’s Grey List Until June.The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has released Thursday its report on the assessment of Pakistani steps taken to deliver on its promises to resolve the global community concerns over how financial matters are handled in Pakistan which the watchdog has commended.
- Govt Plans to Introduce 5G From December 2022: IT Minister.Federal Minister for Information Technology and Telecommunication Aminul Haque has announced that government plans to introduce 5G in the country from December 2022.
- Pakistan, India agree to enforce 2003 ceasefire in DGMOs hotline contact.In a major development for peace in the region, Pakistan and India have agreed to strict enforcement of the ceasefire at the Line of Control (LoC) and other border sectors
- US Welcomes Pakistan-India Ceasefire.The United States has welcomed a joint statement from India and Pakistan that they have agreed to maintain a ceasefire along the disputed border in Kashmir.
- All schools to conduct regular classes from March 1: Shafqat Mahmood.Federal Education Minister Shafqat Mahmood announced on Thursday that all schools will conduct regular five-day classes from March 1 (Monday).
- Pakistani rupee strengthens against US dollar.The Pakistani rupee continued to strengthen against the United States (US) dollar on Thursday as it appreciated by 30 paisa against the greenback in the interbank.
- PIA likely to run Lahore-Tashkent flights by March end.Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) has announced Thursday it considers flight operations from Lahore to Tashkent and back by the end of next month (March) for which it has already sought formal permission from the diplomatic authorities of Uzbekistan
- Gold prices continue to fall in domestic market.Gold prices extended a downward trend in the domestic market for the second consecutive day on Thursday as per tola price of yellow metal decreased by Rs500 to Rs110,150
- PCB allows increase in spectators for remains PSL 2021 matches.The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has allowed to increase the number of spectators to 50 per cent for the remaining matches of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2021 edition.
February 26, 2021-Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- PM lays foundation stone for Central Business District in Lahore. Prime Minister Imran Khan has laid the foundation stone of the Central Business District in Lahore.
- Sri Lanka Finally Allows Burial of Muslims Dying of COVID-19 After PM Imran’s Visit. The government of Sri Lanka has lifted a ban on the burial of COVID-19 corpses after Prime Minister (PM) Imran Khan’s successful visit, and a gazette notification to this effect was issued on Thursday.
- OGRA Recommends Hike In Petrol Price By Rs 20. The Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) on Friday sent a summary to the Petroleum Division, suggesting an increase in the prices of petroleum products from March.
- High-profile Terrorist Killed In Intelligence Based Operation In South Waziristan. Security forces on Friday killed a high-profile terrorist in South Waziristan in an intelligence-based operation (IBO), said a statement from the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).
- New LNG Contract With Qatar Is 31% Cheaper: Babar. Special Assistant on Petroleum Nadeem Babar has said the ten-year LNG contract signed with Qatar is thirty-one percent cheaper compared to the previous agreements.
- PMSA Arrests 17 Indian Fishermen. Pakistan Maritime Security Agency has arrested 17 Indian fishermen and confiscated their three boats for violating Pakistani territorial waters and illegal fishing.
- Pakistan Air Force celebrates ‘Surprise Day’.In order to pay tribute to valiant Shaheens’ for their brave defense of the motherland while retaliating to Indian air force violation of its sovereign territories on 27th of February, 2019, Pakistan Air Force (PAF) is celebrating Surprise Day on Saturday in connection with the second anniversary of Operation Swift Retort
- Multan Sultan Get First Victory In PSL By Defeating Lahore Qalandars. Multan Sultan got the first victory of the sixth edition of the Pakistan Super League after beating Lahore Qalandars by seven wickets.
February 27, 2021-Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Pakistan Army Is World Strongest Army: Abhinandan. Indian pilot, Abhinandan Varthaman, who ejected himself after being hit in the airspace of Pakistan in Azad Jammu and Kashmir by the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) on February 27, 2019, has said that he never felt any difference between Pakistan and India.
- 33 COVID-Related Deaths Reported in Pakistan. Pakistan has recorded 33 more coronavirus-related deaths in the past 24 hours, surging the overall death toll to 12,837.
- Two Terrorists of Banned Outfit Killed In Sukkur. Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) and intelligence agencies conducted a raid in the jurisdiction of Patni Police Station in Sukkur on a hideout of banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP).
- Defended Homeland By Facing All Challenges: DG ISPR. Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR)said on Saturday that Pakistan stands for peace but when challenged, shall respond with full might.
- Arab Coalition Destroys Two Armed Drones of Houthis. The Arab Coalition fighting in Yemen intercepted and destroyed two armed drones fired by the Houthi rebels towards the Khamis Mushait region of Saudi Arabia today.
- Kite-Flying Claims One Life in Rawalpindi.A minor boy was killed and another was injured when they fell from the rooftop onto electric wires while flying kite in Rawalpindi.
- Gold Prices Fall on Second Consecutive Day. The price of 24 karats per tola gold decreased by Rs1,050 on Friday and was sold at Rs 109,250 against sale at Rs110,300 Karachi Sarafa Association reported.
- Rupee gains strength as dollar slides by Rs1 in a week.The rupee continued to gain strength in the open market and inter-bank against the dollar at the end of the week as the US currency declined by Rs1 in a week
- Karachi Kings Get Another Victory. Karachi Kings continuing its winning streak defeated Multan Sultan in its third match of the sixth edition of the Pakistan Super League on Saturday.
- Zalmi Beat Islamabad United by Six Wickets. Peshawar Zalmi, chasing an easy 119-run target, beat Islamabad United by six wickets in the 10th match of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) at Karachi’s National Stadium today.
February 28, 2021-Top Pakistan Current Affairs
- Coronavirus Claims 23 More Lives Across The Country. Pakistan has reported 23 deaths in the last 24 hours by novel coronavirus as the number of positive cases has surged to 579,973. The nationwide tally of fatalities has jumped to 12,860 on Sunday.
- Govt Decides To Retain Petroleum Prices For Next 15 Days. The government on Sunday decided to retain petroleum prices for the coming 15 days.
- Zahid Hafeez Chaudhry Made Pakistani High Commissioner In Australia. Prime Minister Imran Khan on Sunday approved appointments of Pakistan’s ambassadors to various world capitals including replacing the spokesman for foreign office Zahid Hafeez Chaudhri.
- PM Imran inaugurates heritage trail at Nandana Fort. Prime Minister Imran Khan launched on Sunday a heritage trail at the Alberoni site in Jhelum’s Nandana Fort to “promote tourism and generate job opportunities for the coming generations”.
- The First Congo virus patient of this year reported in Karachi.A patient at the city’s Jinnah Hospital has been diagnosed with congo virus, citing a hospital official
- Sindh not to allow 100pc student attendance in schools. Sindh Education Minister Saeed Ghani said on Sunday that 100 percent student attendance in schools across the province will not be allowed until the coronavirus pandemic is eliminated.
- PIA slashes fares for domestic flights. With an aim to promote tourism in the spring season, Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) has announced discounted fares for domestic flights.
- At least 18 killed in Myanmar on the bloodiest day of protests against the coup. Myanmar police fired on protesters around the country on Sunday on the bloodiest day of weeks of demonstrations against a military coup and at least 18 people were killed, the U.N. human rights office said.
- Pakistan Railways to outsource eight passenger trains. The Pakistan Railways is set to outsource eight passenger trains to transform the department into a profitable entity, Radio Pakistan reported Sunday.