Pakistan Current Affairs Day by Day Newspaper Headings March-2021
We all accept the fact that reading newspapers is important for the preparation for competitive exams. It becomes even more important for current affairs like FPSC, NTS, CSS, PPSC, SPSC, BPSC, KPSC, PTS, OTS, BTS, and other Govt Jobs Exams. There is so much to read in a newspaper every day. It is virtually impossible to read each and everything and remember it. I would even say that reading everything and trying to remember everything is more harmful than it is helpful. Here we will provide Pakistan’s Latest Newspapers Headings & Solved papers, Latest news about Pakistan and all over the world for the Preparation of your competitive Exams.
March 2021 Day By Day Pakistan Current Affairs Newspaper Headings
March 01, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- OGRA notifies increase in LPG price for March.The Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) on Monday notified Rs1.84 per kilogram increase in the price of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) for the month of March
- Pakistan Army team spirit competition 2021 kicks off.The 4th International Pakistan Army Team Spirit Competition 2021 commenced at the National Counter-Terrorism Center Pabbi near Kharian on Monday.
- KP Assembly demands blue passports for MPAs.The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly adopted unanimously on Monday a resolution seeking issuance of official blue passports to all the members of the provincial legislature.
- Matric, intermediate educational boards in Punjab yet to issue an exam schedule.Nine matric and intermediate education boards in Punjab province have yet not issued an exam schedule, putting the future of around 4 million students at stake
- Pakistan-Turkey freight train to resume operations after nine years.In a major development, operations of a freight train between Pakistan and Turkey will be resumed on 4th of March after a pause of over nine years
- Punjab announces a new academic calendar for educational institutions.The Punjab education department on Monday made an announcement regarding the new academic session for the year 2021-22
- February records 58pc jump in tomato prices, power units hike 29pc.The Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS) has Monday released the monthly inflation numbers for the outgoing February noting a 1.8 percent jump in consumer price index based on Month-on-Month comparison
- Gold prices rise in the domestic market.Gold prices went up to Rs92,839 per 10 grams on Monday in the domestic market, showing a rise of Rs161 from Saturday
- United, Gladiators match postponed after player tested positive for coronavirus.The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has announced that the 12th match of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2021 has been postponed till Tuesday, March 02, 2021.
March 02, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- Indian plane makes emergency landing in Karachi after passenger dies mid-flight.An Indian airplane made an emergency landing at the Jinnah International Airport Karachi after, a man passed away while flying from Sharjah to Lucknow
- ECP to conduct Senate elections through secret ballot.The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) said on Tuesday that the Senate elections slated for March 3 will be held through secret ballot as per the “past practice”.
- Pakistan deplores missile attack in Saudi Arabia’s Jazan.Pakistan on Tuesday strongly condemned recent missile attacks by Houthi militia in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, in particular a projectile that injured five civilians in a border village in Jazan region.
- Army chief says Pakistan committed to peace and stability.Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa said on Tuesday that Pakistan is committed to peace and stability in the region and playing its part by solidifying border security and capacity enhancement of Frontier Corps and Law Enforcement Agencies
- Pakistan will receive 10m vaccine doses from Covax by June.Pakistan, Nigeria and Indonesia will be among the biggest recipients of free Covid-19 vaccines before June — more than 10 million doses each — the Covax scheme announced Tuesday.
- Pakistan, China commence celebrations of 70-year long diplomatic ties.Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi and China Foreign Minister Wang Yi formally commenced their celebrations of 70-year long diplomatic ties on Tuesday.
- Qatar to Recruit 150,000 Pakistanis in The Coming Years.The Consul General (CG) of Qatar, Mishal M. Al Ansari, announced on Monday that Doha is planning to recruit over 150,000 Pakistanis over the next few years to increase their existing employment opportunities from 150,000 to over 300,000.
- Pakistan Customs Increases Taxes on Import of Used Computers and Laptops
- The dollar rate drops below Rs158 after one year. The dollar can now be bought for Rs157.95 in the open market as the greenback rate has dropped to a one-year low. The last time dollar was traded below Rs158 was on March 10 last year.
- Gold losing the uncertainty gloss in Pakistan. The gold price dropped by Rs1,050 in Pakistan on Tuesday, according to rates shared by the All Sindh Saraf Jewelers Association. A tola now costs Rs107,200.
March 03, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- COVID-19 vaccination mandatory for Hajj 2021: Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia has made the Covid-19 vaccination mandatory for people intending to perform the annual Hajj pilgrimage this year.
- 10 killed as commercial plane crashes in South Sudan. At least 10 people lost their lives including two pilots after a commercial plane crashed in South Sudan on late Tuesday.
- PIA Lahore to Islamabad operations resumes after two years. The people of Lahore and Islamabad woke up to an update on Wednesday by Pakistan International Airlines that flight operations between the two cities have been resumed with the first flight set to board on March 8 will depart from Lahore.
- PPP’s Gilani wins the Senate seat from Islamabad in a major upset. The former Prime Minister and Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) stalwart Yousuf Raza Gilani has won Wednesday his senate seat from Islamabad where he was vying against Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf’s (PTI) Hafeez Shaikh for which the polling was conducted in the National Assembly
- Malir Halt-Numaish Red Line BRT corridor to start this month.The construction work on Karachi’s Red Line BRT corridor one – from Malir Halt to Numaish – is expected to start this month
- Several buildings damaged as strong earthquake hits Greece.A strong 6.3-magnitude earthquake hit central Greece on Wednesday, damaging several buildings and prompting crowds to rush into the streets, though no injuries or deaths were immediately reported.
- Gold Prices Continue To Fall in Pakistan.The price of 24 karat per tola gold decreased by Rs 1100 on Wednesday and was sold at Rs 106,100 against sale at Rs107,200, Karachi Sarafa Association reported.
- Pakistani rupee touches one-year high against dollar.Pakistani rupee extended gains against the United States (US) dollar at the start of Wednesday’s trading in the inter-bank market, touching a one-year high
- Quetta Gladiators Beat Multan Sultans By 22 Runs.Quetta Gladiators beat Multan Sultans by 22 runs on Wednesday in match number 14 of Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2021 at the city’s National stadium.
- Karachi Kings Beat Peshawar Zalmi By Six Wickets.In an other thrilling match of PSL, Karachi Kings defeated Peshawar Zalmi by six wickets.
March 04, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- PM Imran Announces To Take Vote of Confidence From NA.Prime Minister Imran Khan has announced to take fresh vote of confidence from National Assembly on Saturday through open ballot, which should be the standard practice.
- Pakistan Army conducts ‘Zarb-e-Hadeed’ drills in Bahwalpur: ISPR.Annual collective training Zarb-e-Hadeed exercise underway in Bahawalpur, quoting Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR)
- Court stops govt from acquiring land for Ravi urban project.The Lahore High Court (LHC) has stopped the government from acquiring land for the Ravi Riverfront Urban Development project besides seeking a response from the concerned authorities
- OGDCL slashes LPG prices by Rs22 per kilo as summers kick in.The Oil and Gas Development Company Limited (OGDCL) of Pakistan has Thursday announced an Rs22 slash in Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) prices in the country
- Iran returns 125 illegal Pakistani immigrants.Iranian border forces arrested on Thursday 125 Pakistanis for illegally entering the country, according to the Levies.
- Saudi Arabia makes COVID-19 vaccination mandatory for Hajj 2021.Only people who have administered the coronavirus vaccines will be able to perform Hajj this year, the health ministry of Saudi Arabia has announced, according to Al-Jazeera.
- Met Office forecast extended summer in Pakistan this year.Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) has forecast an extended summer in the country this year
- Gold prices fall in domestic market.The per tola gold price on Thursday witnessed a decrease of Rs2,050 to Rs104,300 in the domestic market
- PSL 6 postponed over rising Covid-19 cases.The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) decided on Thursday to postpone the ongoing sixth edition of the HBL Pakistan Super League (PSL 6) after multiple players tested Covid-19 positive.
March 05, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- Air Chief Meets Sri Lankan PM Rajapaksa.Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan called on the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka Mahinda Rajapaksa in Colombo.
- Rangers Personnel Injured in Karachi.A Sindh Rangers personnel has suffered injuries in an event of gunfire taking place Thursday in Sachal Goth area of Gulshan e Iqbal Town.
- ECP Rejects Govt Allegations Regarding Senate Elections.Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Friday has expressed disappointment over the statements of Prime Minister (PM) Imran Khan and federal ministers regarding the voting process and results of Senate polls
- Now You Can Make Audio, Video Calls From WhatsApp Desktop Version.The Facebook-owned messaging platform WhatsApp on Thursday announced introducing a voice and video calling feature on its desktop version.
- Punjab govt rejects private schools’ plea to hike tuition fees.The Punjab School Education Department has rejected the application of private schools for hiking annual tuition fees up to eight per cent
- At least 14 killed by avalanche in northern Afghanistan: officials.At least 14 people were killed after an avalanche hit a gold mine in a remote area of northern Afghanistan controlled by the Taliban, officials said Friday.
- Karachi experiences hot weather as mercury soars to 36 ºCelsius.People in Karachi experiencing hot weather as mercury has soared to 36 ºCelsius in the port city, said the Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) on Friday.
- Gold prices continue to fall in domestic market.Gold prices extended a downward trend in the domestic market for the second consecutive day on Friday as per tola price of yellow metal decreased by Rs1,500 to Rs102,750
- PCB Mulls Over Options For Rescheduling Remaining Matches of PSL.Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is mulling over rescheduling remaining matches of PSL sixth edition as it was postponed after 14 matches due to increasing cases of coronavirus.
March 06, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- Saudi-Led Coalition Downs Six Drones Fired By Houthi Rebels.The Saudi-led coalition has downed six drones today fired by Houthis rebels towards Saudi Arabian city of Khamis Mushait.
- Five labourers killed, five injured in Sibbi roadside blast.A remote-controlled bomb has late Friday detonated in the Tandoori area of Balochistan’s Sibbi district that claimed at least five lives according to the preliminary information by the Deputy Commissioner office
- Pakistan records 1,714 Covid cases, 38 deaths in a day.Pakistan has recorded 38 more coronavirus-related deaths in the past 24 hours, taking the overall death toll to 13,166
- OGRA notifies reduction in LNG prices for March.The Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) has notified a reduction in Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) prices for the month of February
- PM Imran Khan has got vote of confidence, NA speaker conveys to president.Speaker National Assembly Asad Qaiser has conveyed to President Arif Alvi that Prime Minister Imran Khan has successfully got the vote of confidence from the National Assembly
- Security forces kill eight militants in North Waziristan IBOs: ISPR.Security Forces conducted two separate intelligence-based operations (IBOs) on terrorist hideouts in North Waziristan, killing eight militants including three commanders
- Govt reveals expected launch date for new e-passport service.The federal government is planning to launch a new e-passport service from May this year
- Fighting in Yemen’s Marib kills 90 in 24 hours: govt.Fierce fighting between Yemeni pro-government forces and Iran-backed Huthi rebels has killed at least 90 combatants on both sides in the past 24 hours, government military sources said Saturday.
- LWMC fails to maintain cleanliness in the city.Despite the tall claims of cleanliness, the Lahore Waste Management Company (LWMC) has failed to lift waste from various parts of city, Pakistan Today learnt on Saturday as citizens expressed concern and disgust over the situation.
- India crush England inside three days to clinch Test series 3-1.Spinners Ravichandran Ashwin and Axar Patel took five wickets each on Saturday as India crushed England inside three days of the fourth Test to seal their series 3-1.
March 07, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- One dead, 30 injured as passenger train derails near Rohri.A woman passenger was killed while 30 other passengers got injured after nine bogies of Lahore-bound Karachi Express derailed near Rohri in wee hours of Sunday.
- Pakistan records 39 COVID-related deaths in past 24 hours.Pakistan has recorded 39 more coronavirus-related deaths in the past 24 hours, taking the overall death toll to 13,205
- IT minister meets Karachi student who developed WhatsApp-like app.Federal Minister for Information Technology (IT) Aminul Haque on Sunday met with a Karachi student Nabeel Haider, who developed a WhatsApp-like application
- Four terrorists killed in Waziristan IBOs: ISPR.Security forces conducted two separate intelligence-based operations (IBOs) on terrorist hideouts in areas of North Waziristan and South Waziristan, said Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) in a statement on Sunday.
- Blast leaves four children injured in Ghotki.Four children got injured in an explosion outside the office of the deputy superintendent of police (DSP) in Ghotki’s Ubauro on Sunday.
- Omar Ayub says govt focusing on promoting tourism.Minister for Energy Omar Ayub on Sunday has said the government is giving special emphasis to the promotion of domestic and foreign tourism in the country.
- Two martyred in attack on Pakistan Navy vehicle in Gwadar.Two Pakistan Navy men were martyred and another was injured in an attack on their vehicle in the Ganz area in the coastal district of Gwadar on Saturday.
- Rain likely from March 14.Pakistan Meteorological Department has predicted a spell of rain that is expected in the federal capital from March 14
- PCB evaluating three windows to host remaining PSL matches: reports.The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has reportedly spotted three windows to host the remaining matches of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2021.
March 08, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- ‘Karachi Express derailed due to dilapidated tracks not speeding’.The Mechanical Branch of Pakistan Railways rejected on Monday the preliminary report saying the Rohri train accident that took place two days ago with Lahore-bound Karachi Express, claiming one life and leaving 30 people injured, was due to over-speeding and asserted it was actually due to broken train tracks
- Two FC personnel martyred after vehicle overturns in KP.Two Frontier Corps (FC) personnel were martyred on Monday after their vehicle overturned in Landi Kotal, a town in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) province
- Only 29pc women in Pakistan have bank accounts, lowest in world: SBP governor.State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) on Monday celebrated International Women’s Day vowing to increase women’s role in Pakistan’s financial sphere.
- NCOC to review school opening decision after sudden surge in Covid cases.The National Command and Operation Center (NCOC) meeting held on Monday under the supervision of Federal Minister for Planning, Development Asad Umar mulled over deferring the opening up of cinemas, indoor weddings and dining in the restaurants amid rising coronavirus cases.
- ASF to join Pakistan Day military parade for first time.The Airport Security Force (ASF) will attend the Pakistan Day military parade in Islamabad for the first time this year on March 23
- Khalilzad meets COAS Gen Bajwa to discuss Afghan peace process.United States (US) Special Representative for Afghanistan Reconciliation, Ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad on Monday called on Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa at the General Headquarters (GHQ), said Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) in a statement.
- Non-custom paid vehicles worth millions seized in Balochistan.Balochistan Customs has launched a crackdown on non-custom paid vehicles in the province,
- PIA resumes flights between Islamabad, Chitral after 1.5 years.Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) has resumed flight operation between Islamabad and Chitral that had been suspended for 1.5 years due to the spread of coronavirus pandemic
- Pakistan to soon introduce its Digital Media Advertising Policy: ministry.The government will soon be introducing its first ever advertising policy for the rapidly growing digital media industry in Pakistan, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting announced Monday.
- PCB headquarters shut down after official tested coronavirus positive: reports.The headquarters of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has been reportedly shut down after an official tested positive for coronavirus.
March 09, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- Indian Forces Martyr Kashmiri Youth in IoK.In Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir, Indian troops in their fresh act of state terrorism martyred one Kashmiri youth in Sopore town of Baramulla district.
- Decision Regarding Schools Will Be Made Today: Mahmood.Federal Minister for Education Shafqat Mahmood has said that the decision regarding closure of schools will be made tomorrow amid rising Coronavirus cases in the last one week.
- Lahore to Host Remainder PSL-6 Fixtures: PCB.Lahore has been given responsibility for the remainder of the fixtures of following an abrupt stoppage of 6th edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) after seven COVID-19 cases were reported, Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) confirmed on Tuesday.
- Uzbekistan FM To Arrive In Pakistan Today.Foreign Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Abdulaziz Kamilov is arriving in Pakistan today (Tuesday) on a two-day visit.
- Electricity Prices Increased By 89 Paisas.Federal government has increased prices of electricity by 89 paisas while National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) has issued notification regarding the hike.
- BISE Lahore announces schedule for intermediate examinations.The Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE) Punjab on Tuesday has released the schedule for the annual examinations
- Three killed, 10 injured in firing outside Gujranwala housing society.Three people were killed and 10 injured during a clash between landowners and security guards of the Royal Palm City, a private housing society in Gujranwala, on Tuesday.
- KP govt, Chinese company sign accord for Balakot hydropower project.The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government has signed an agreement with a Chinese company for the construction of a 300 megawatts Balakot Hydro Power Project.
March 10, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- Next Phase of Covid-19 Vaccination Starts.The next phase of Covid-19 vaccination will start on March 10 today, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister (SAPM) on Health Dr Faisal Sultan said.
- PM To Launch Mobile Food Van Program.Prime Minister Imran Khan will launch a program on Wednesday to ensure that no one sleeps hungry.
- NCOC Announces Schools Closure In Islamabad, Peshawar And Punjab.Minister for Federal Education and Professional Training Shafqat Mahmood has announced that all educational institutions will remain closed in Islamabad, Peshawar and seven cities of Punjab from Monday for two weeks due to rising Covid-19 cases there.
- Covid wave: HEC announces closure of universities in several cities.After National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) on Wednesday announced the closure of schools in seven Punjab cities, the Higher Education Commission (HEC) has also announced the closure of all universities in several cities of Punjab due to a sudden spike in Covid-19 cases
- Nepra reduces Karachi power tariff from March.The National Electric Power Regulatory Authority has reduced the electricity price for K-Electric consumers by Rs2.17 per unit.
- Pakistan cinemas, wedding halls are not reopening from March 15.Pakistan is not reopening its wedding halls, indoor dining, and cinemas on March 15, according to the National Command and Control Centre.
- COAS Meets Bahrain’s Commander, NS Advisor: ISPR.Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa held one-on-one meetings with Commander Bahrain National Guard Field Marshal Mohammed Bin Isa Al Khalifa and Bahrain National Security Advisor Major General Shaikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa during his visit to Bahrain.
- Indian Forces Arrest Over 36 Youth in IoK.In Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir, Indian troops and police have arrested over three dozen youth during cordon and search operations in different areas of the territory.
- PIA aircraft-shaped balloon causes panic in India-occupied Kashmir.The Indian police have reportedly seized a Pakistan International Airlines aircraft-shaped balloon in Sotra Chak village of Hiranagar sector in Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOK).
- Babar Azam only Pakistani among ICC’s top 30 Test players.The International Cricket Council announced on Wednesday its Men’s Test rankings.
March 11, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar To Retire Next Week.The incumbent Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan will retire after the completion of three years of tenure next week.
- Shab-e-Miraj Being Observed Tonight With Great Religious Zeal.Shab-e-Miraj, the Night of Ascent, to be observed across the country tonight with great religious zeal.
- Pakistan Is Not Importing Covid-19 Vaccine From India: FO.Foreign Office spokesperson Zahid Hafeez Chaudhri has rejected the reports that Pakistan is importing COVID-19 vaccine from India.
- Gilgit-Baltistan becomes Pakistan’s first ‘corona-free zone’.The Gilgit-Baltistan government has declared the region Pakistan’s first “corona-free zone” after no active coronavirus cases were reported.
- Private schools, colleges reject NCOC’s decision to close Punjab schools.The All Pakistan Private Schools and Colleges Association has rejected the National Command and Operation Centre’s decision to close schools in Punjab, Islamabad, and Peshawar.
- PTA blocks TikTok in Pakistan following PHC ruling.In compliance with the Peshawar High Court (PHC) orders, Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA)on Thursday issued directives to all service providers to immediately block access to the TikTok app in the country
- Gold Prices Increased by Rs2900 Per Tola.The price of 24 karat per tola gold increased by Rs 2900 on Thursday and was sold at Rs106,700 against sale at Rs103,800 Karachi Sarafa Association reported.
- Karachi to host remaining PSL 2021 matches in June.The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has decided to host the remaining matches of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2021 in Karachi in June later this year.
March 12, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- Country Is In Grip Of Third Wave Of Coronavirus: Dr Faisal Sultan.Prime Minister Special Assistant (SAPM) on health Dr Faisal Sultan has said that clearly new wave of coronavirus has arrived in the country.
- PM Imran inaugurates Al-Qadir University in Jhelum.Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday inaugurated Al-Qadir University in Jhelum
- PM Told Power Sector Reforms Will Provide A Benefit of Rs. 700 Billion.Prime Minister Imran Khan chaired a meeting in Islamabad today to reduce the prices of electricity and discuss the revolving loans in the power sector.
- Sadiq Sanjrani Wins Senate Elections For Second Term.Sadiq Sanjrani has won the senate elections beating the joint opposition alliance PDM candidate Yosuf Raza Gillani.
- Govt-backed M Mirza Afridi Wins Deputy Chairman Post.Muhammad Mirza Afridi, ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has been elected as Deputy Chairman senate.
- Universities Also Announce Their Decision On Spring Vacation.In wake of resurging cases after the second wave of Coronavirus, all universities in seven cities of Punjab have announced early spring break from 15 March to 28 March.
- Gold price dips in domestic market.The per tola gold price on Friday dipped by Rs2,300 to Rs104,300 in the domestic market
- Karachi To Host Remaining PSL Matches in June: PCB.Following an abrupt stoppage of 6th edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) after seven COVID-19 cases were reported, the 2021 season will resume once again in June with remainder fixtures to be played in Karachi.
March 13, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- PM Imran Khan approves establishment of Civil Drone Authority.Prime Minister Imran Khan has approved the establishment of Civil Drone Authority in order to use the technology for commercial, research, agricultural and other peaceful purposes
- Asad Umar hints at imposing another lockdown in parts of country amid third Covid wave.Federal Minister for Planning and Development and National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) head Asad Umar said on Saturday that government may have to opt for another lockdown in parts of the country if there is a continued increase in coronavirus cases.
- Markets in Seven Districts of Punjab To Close At 6PM, Announces Buzdar.Amid rising coronavirus cases, the Punjab government has decided that markets in seven districts of the province with the highest ratio of cases will close at 6pm.
- COVID-19 Claims 46 More Lives in Pakistan.Pakistan has reported 46 deaths in the last 24 hours by novel coronavirus as the number of positive cases has surged to 602,536. The nationwide tally of fatalities has jumped to 13,3 13,476 77 on Saturday.
- PM Imran Congratulates Sadiq Sanjrani, Mirza Afridi Over Senate Win.Prime Minister Imran Khan says giving two top slots of the Senate to Balochistan and erstwhile FATA is in line with his policy to bring those parts of the country into mainstream.
- COVID-19: Punjab suspends sports activities.The Punjab government has suspended all sports activities in the province because of a rise in coronavirus cases.
- Pakistan to hold international security dialogue in Islamabad this month.The National Security Division is holding the first ever Islamabad Security Dialogue aimed at unveiling Pakistan’s new strategic direction based on a comprehensive security framework, the state-run APP news agency reported Saturday.
- Punjab govt bans issuance of arms licences.The Punjab government on Saturday decided to ban the issuance of arms licences to the common man
- ISPR releases national song in connection with Pakistan Day.The Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) has released the national song ‘Aik Qaum, Aik Manzil’ in connection with March 23 – Pakistan Day.
- CAA extends travel SOPs for Pakistan bound visitors till March 18.The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) on Saturday in a notification stated that the standard operating procedures (SOPs) to be followed by all inbound travelers to Pakistan, have been extended till March 18th
March 14, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- COVID-19 Claims 32 More Deaths.Thirty-two more deaths and 2,664 new cases of Covid-19 were reported across the country over the last twenty-four hours.
- Rs 5 Increase In Per Litre Petrol Recommended.Rs 5 per litre increase is likely in the price of petrol as Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) has sent summary to increase prices of petroleum products for fortnightly.
- Offices Of NA Secretariat Close For Two Days To Contain Spread Of Coronavirus.All the activities of National Assembly has been partially suspended while offices of the NA secretariat will remain close for two days in the wake of rising cases of the coronavirus.
- Shaban moon not sighted in Pakistan, announces religious affairs ministry.Ministry for Religious Affairs on Sunday announced that the Shaban moon was not sighted in the country today and the first day of the month would be marked on Tuesday.
- Pakistan welcomes formation of unity government in Libya.Pakistan welcomed on Sunday the endorsement of a unity government in Libya by the brotherly state’s Parliament.
- COVID third wave: No commercial activities in Lahore after 10pm.A ban has been slapped over all commercial activities in Lahore after 10pm in the wake of the third wave of the coronavirus, ARY News reported, quoting the deputy commissioner
- PIA to start flights to Swat’s Saidu Sharif airport after 17 years.In order to promote tourism, Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) has decided to operate flights to the Saidu Sharif Airport in Swat.
- Sri Lanka to ban burqa.Sri Lanka Saturday announced using a controversial anti-terror law to deal with religious extremism and gave itself sweeping powers to detain suspects for up to two years for “deradicalisation”.
- PCB, franchises discuss schedule for remaining PSL 2021 matches.The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and franchises have reportedly discussed the possible schedule for the remaining matches of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2021.
March 15, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- NCOC Advises Provincial Administrations To Take Actions On Violations Of SOPs.National Command and Operation Center (NCOC) has advised the provincial administrations to take strict actions on violations of COVID-19 related SOPs.
- Dozens of Youth Injured in Firing by Indian Troops in Occupied Kashmir.In Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJ&K), dozens of youth were injured, many critically, in firing of bullets and pellets on protesters by Indian troops in Shopian district.
- Petrol Prices To Remain Unchanged For Next 15 Days.Federal government has decided against raising the prices of petrol and high-speed diesel in the country, rejecting a summary forwarded by the Ogra.
- CM Buzdar announces Rs7bn Ramazan package.In a bid to provide relief to the common man during the holy month of Ramazan, Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar on Monday announced Rs7 billion “Ramazan Package,”
- Rangers personnel martyred, five injured in Karachi attack.A Rangers personnel was martyred and five other people were injured as a result of a blast reported near the city’s Orangi Town area on Monday
- Pakistan ranks amongst top 10 countries to import arms, SIPRI report says.As International transfers of major arms saw a decline due to major drop in Russian and Chinese exports, substantial increases by the USA, France and Germany, three of the five top arms exporters, did little to balance it out, said Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) report Monday.
- PIA to operate direct flights to Turkey.The Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) has decided to resume direct flights to Turkey.
- ‘Education centres will not be closed during smart lockdown in Sindh’.Sindh Education Minister Saeed Ghani announced on Monday that educational institutions will not be closed during the smart lockdown across the province.
- Gold Prices Increases By Rs150.The price of 24 karat per tola gold increased by Rs 150 on Monday and was sold at Rs107,150 against its sale at Rs107,000, Karachi Sarafa Association reported.
- Asia Cup Will Not Be Held This Year: Chairman PCB.Chairman Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Ahsan Mani has said that it is impossible to organize Asia Cup this year.
March 16, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- 5 mln COVID-19 vaccines to arrive in Pakistan.Pakistan has purchased the coronavirus vaccines for the first time and the first batch of 0.5 million Sinopharm vaccines will arrive in the country from China today
- Pakistan, India to hold water talks on March 23 in New Delhi.The water talks between officials of Pakistan and India will be held on March 23 and 24 in New Delhi
- Federal cabinet approves Rs7.8bn Ramazan package.The federal cabinet on Tuesday has approved the Ramazan package worth Rs7.8 billion
- Pakistan to Introduce E-Voting System for Overseas Pakistanis in Next Elections.The Minister for Information Technology and Telecommunication, Syed Amin-Ul-Haque, announced that an e-voting system would be introduced in Pakistan for the next general elections in 2023 to facilitate the overseas Pakistanis.
- KP Announces Decision on Closure of Schools.Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s (KP) Minister for Elementary and Secondary Education, Shahram Tarakai announced on Tuesday that the government has decided to close the schools in nine districts due to the surge in coronavirus cases.
- People above 60 years to get jabs without pin code, Yasmin Rashid says.The health minister for Punjab Dr Yasmin Rashid said Tuesday the elderly people in the province are to get government-sponsored Covid-19 jabs without establishing their registration codes in the vaccination centers from now onwards
- Gold prices go up in domestic, international markets.Gold prices went up to Rs91,901 per 10 grams on Tuesday in the domestic market, showing a rise of Rs81
- Rupee hits over one-year high against US dollar.The Pakistani rupee touched over a one-year high against the United States (US) dollar in the inter-bank currency market on Tuesday.
March 17, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- ECC Approves Import Of 300,000 Metric Tons Of Wheat.The Economic Coordination Committee of the cabinet has approved import of 300,000 metric tons of wheat to avoid any shortage of the commodity in the country.
- Air Marshal Zaheer Ahmad Babar Sidhu Appointed As PAF Chief.The Government has appointed Air Marshal Zaheer Ahmad Babar Sidhu as the new chief of Pakistan Air Force.
- PM Khan to distribute 1,500 houses, flats among daily-wagers Thursday.Prime Minister Imran Khan will distribute 1,500 houses and flats among labourers and daily-wagers in Islamabad on Thursday.
- Kuwait’s FM To Visit Pakistan Tomorrow.Kuwait’s Foreign Minister Sheikh Dr Ahmed Nasser Al-Mohammed Al-Sabah, will arrive in Pakistan on Thursday on a two-day visit on the invitation of his Pakistani counterpart Shah Mahmood Qureshi, said Foreign Office..
- Security Forces Kill Terrorist in Kanju: ISPR.One terrorist was killed while another was arrested during an intelligence-based operation (IBO) in Swat on Wednesday, said Inter-Services Public Relations.
- Another 0.5 million doses of Chinese vaccine arrive in Pakistan.A special plane arrived at Islamabad’s Nur Khan airbase from China on Wednesday carrying half a million doses of a Covid-19 vaccine.
- Lahore Metro Bus Service to Add 64 New Buses to its Fleet.In a recent development, VEDA Transit Solutions and a group of local banks with Bank of Punjab being key-adviser and arranger, signed an agreement of Rs. 2.6 billion to bring in 64 new buses for the Lahore Metro Bus Service.
- Rupee gains almost Rs1 against dollar in a day, hits over one-year high.The Pakistani rupee hit over a one-year high against the United States (US) dollar in the inter-bank currency market on Wednesday
- Gold prices witness steep decline in local market.The per tola gold price on Wednesday registered a decrease of Rs800 to Rs106,400 in the domestic market
March 18, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- Naya Pakistan scheme: Pakistan allots houses to 1,500 labourers, widows.Prime Minister Imran Khan took out the names of 10 labourers and widows in a lucky draw and they will now be able to afford and own their own houses.
- Pakistan Ready To Resolve Disputes With Neighbors Through Dialogue: COAS.Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa has said Pakistan is ready to resolve all outstanding disputes with its neighbors through dialogue in a dignified and peaceful manner.
- Alarming Cases Of Coronavirus Reported Across The Country.The cases of coroanvirus have increased to dangerous limits as 3, 4956 cases reported in the last 24 hours while 61 people were died while the confirmed cases of coronavirus have jumped to 6, 15, 810.
- Punjab’s Hospitals Reach Near-Full Capacities With COVID-19 Patients.The capacities of government hospitals in major cities of Punjab are nearly saturated with coronavirus patients as the third wave of the pandemic has taken a dangerous turn.
- PM Imran Vaccinated Against COVID.Prime Minister Imran Khan got anti-Covid vaccine shots in Islamabad today (Thursday).
- Pakistan decries terrorist attacks in Niger.Pakistan on Thursday strongly condemned terrorist attacks in Tillaberi region of Republic of Niger that resulted in the loss of so many precious lives.
- Motorway police issues first challan over traffic violation via drone technology.The National Highways and Motorway Police (NHMP) on Wednesday officially launched drone technology to conduct road patrolling and monitor traffic violations at highways and motorways.
- KP Govt To Build Hydro-Electric “Mining Farms” For Cryptocurrencies.As accorded under the newly formed Crypto Advisory Committee, the government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is now planning to set up two hydroelectric-powered “mining farms” to exploit the global cryptocurrency market.
- Rupee continues to strengthen against US dollar.The Pakistan rupee strengthened by 29 paisa against the United States (US) dollar in the inter-bank currency market on Thursday.
March 19, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- Air Marshal Zaheer Ahmed Babar Takes Charge As New PAF Chief.Air Marshal Zaheer Ahmed Babar Sidhu took charge as the new Air Chief of Pakistan Air Force (PAF) at an impressive change of command ceremony in Islamabad on Friday.
- Myanmar Security Forces Kill Nine Protesters.In Myanmar, security forces shot dead nine more protesters in the central town of Aungban as they tried to clear a barricade.
- Lahore jail authorities alarmed as 14 inmates test Covid positive.In what is seen as a worrisome affair, Covid-19 cases in two of Lahore prisons have seen a hike with at least 14 inmates contracting infection prompting Punjab Prisons Department to inform the provincial government,
- Rupee weakens against dollar in interbank.After gaining considerable ground in the previous days, the rupee on Friday weakened by 52 paisas against the dollar in the interbank
- Skardu airport to handle international flights.In order to promote tourism, the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is upgrading the Skardu airport in Gilgit-Baltistan to handle international flights,
- Rains Predicted In All The Provinces Of The Country.Meteorological department has predicted rains with thunderstorm from Sunday to Tuesday in the country.
- WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook services restored after global outage.WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram services have been restored after witnessing a shutdown in Pakistan and other parts of the globe.
- Gold Price Increases Rs600 to Rs107,200 Per Tola.The price of 24 karat per tola gold increased by Rs600 on Friday and was traded at Rs107,200 against its sale at Rs106,600, Karachi Sarafa Association reported.
- Training Camp of Pakistan Cricket Team Will Start From Today. The team squad announced for tours of South Africa and Zimbabwe has reported to the training camp while after clearing of second coronavirus test the training camp will be started today.
March 20, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- Motorway Gang-Rape Case: Shafqat Bagga and Abid Malhi Sentenced to Death.An anti-terrorism court (ATC) has sentenced accused Abid Malhi and Shafqat Bagga to death in Motorway rape case.
- NCOC Decides To Shutdown Vaccination Centres on Sunday, Public Holidays.The National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) on Saturday announced that the COVID-19 vaccination centres will remain closed on Sundays and public holidays across the country.
- PM Khan Tests Positive For Coronavirus.Prime Minister Imran Khan has tested positive for Covid-19.
- Pakistan Reports 42 New COVID-Related Deaths.Coronavirus has claimed 42 more lives in Pakistan during the past 24 hours, taking the overall death toll to 13,799.
- Govt Increases Wheat Support Price to Rs1800/40kg.The government has decided to increase wheat support price to 1,800 rupees per 40kg.
- Captain (R) Muhammad Usman Appointed As Commissioner Lahore.The Punjab government on Friday appointed Captain (retd) Usman as commissioner Lahore besides making other changes.
- Coronavirus: Pakistan bans flights from 12 countries from March 23.Pakistan has banned arrivals from 12 countries from March 23 to April 5, its Civil Aviation Authority announced Saturday.
- Gold prices continue to rise in domestic market.Gold prices continued their upward trend for the second consecutive day as the per tola rate of the precious metal on Saturday witnessed an increase of Rs900 to Rs108100 in the domestic market
- Japan extends grant of Rs 6b to Pakistan.Japan has extended a grant of six billion rupees to Pakistan for the improvement of the water treatment and distribution system in Faisalabad.
March 21, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- More 3667 Cases Of Coronavirus Reported Across The Country.Forty-four more deaths and 3667 news positive cases of coronavirus infection were reported in the country during the last 24 hours.
- Passengers From Countries Affected By Covid 19 Barred From Entering Pakistan Till April 5.Passengers belonging to countries severely affected by coronavirus have been barred from travelling to Pakistan, .
- Punjab Governor Urges World To Break Silence Over HR Violations In India.Punjab Governor Chaudhry Muhammad Sarwar has urged the international community to break the silence over the human rights violations in India.
- NCOC to decide about closure of educational institutions on March 24, says Shafqat.Federal Education Minister Shafqat Mehmood on Sunday said that the federal and the provincial governments will sit together on March 24 to decide about the opening or further closure of educational institutions due to the third Covid-19 wave
- Punjab govt notifies change in lockdown timings for six cities.Punjab government has notified a change in the lockdown timings in six major cities of the province, with markets allowed to remain open till 6:00 pm
- Water talks: Pakistani delegation to leave for India tomorrow.An eight-member delegation of Pakistan’s Commission on Indus Waters will leave for New Delhi on Monday for a two-day meeting of the Permanent Commission on Indus Waters
- Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine to cost up to Rs9,000 in Pakistan.The Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan (DRAP) has determined how much Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine imported by the private sector is to cost in the country.
- Pakistan ranked 105 in world happiness report.The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network has released the World Happiness Report 2021 and Pakistan has been ranked at 105 out of 149 countries in the list.
- Pakistan-Iran border points closed for two weeks.The land border crossing points between Pakistan and Iran at Taftan were closed down on Sunday for two weeks in view of Persian New Year celebrations.
March 22, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- 3699 New Covid Cases Reported in Pakistan.20 more deaths due to Coronavirus infection and 3,669 new positive cases were reported in the country during the last twenty four hours.
- NCOC Decides To Tighten Restrictions.The National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) on Monday has decided to increase restrictions of activities contributing to rise in coronavirus positivity.
- Pakistan is not cancelling exams this year: Shafqat Mahmood.No one will be passed without examinations this year, Federal Education Minister Shafqat Mahmood said on Monday.
- Pakistan Day parade to be held on March 25: ISPR.The Pakistan Army has decided to reschedule its Pakistan Day parade to March 25, the Inter Services Public Relations said on Monday.
- Pakistan Steel Mills fires another 500 employees.The Pakistan Steel Mills has dismissed another 500 of its employees, according to a PSM letter
- Hajj 2021: Saudi Arabia announces COVID-19 SOPs for pilgrims.Saudi Arabia has announced standard operating procedures (SOPs) to be followed by the pilgrims coming to the kingdom for Hajj 2021 amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Pakistan to receive 60,000 doses of China’s CanSino vaccine this month.Pakistan will receive the fourth shipment of a Chinese COVID-19 vaccine this month
- Gold prices fall in domestic market.The per tola gold price on Monday witnessed a decrease of Rs 600 to Rs 107,500 in the domestic market
- Rupee begins week with gains against US dollar.The Pakistan rupee strengthened by 12 paisa against the United States (US) dollar in the inter-bank currency market on Monday.
- England Occupies Top Spot At ICC T20 Rankings.England occupies the top spot with 123 rating points. India and New Zealand have 117 points and are in second and third place respectively.
March 23, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- US President Wishes Pakistani Nation on Pakistan Day.US President Joe Biden has congratulated President Dr Arif Alvi and the Pakistani nation on Pakistan Resolution Day besides expressing resolve to strengthen the bilateral partnership.
- President, PM’s Messages on Pakistan Day.President Dr. Arif Alvi and the Prime Minister Imran Khan in their separate messages on the occasion of Pakistan Day have urged the people to continue efforts to make the country truly democratic and welfare state.
- Punjab imposes tougher virus restrictions as cases surge.Keeping in view the rise in coronavirus cases, the Punjab government on Tuesday imposed tougher Covid-19 restrictions to prevent the surge of the deadly virus
- Blast in Chaman near Levies headquarters leaves three dead.At least three people have been killed and over a dozen others sustained injuries after a blast ripped off near the Levies headquarters in Chaman, a border area of the Balochistan province
- Landslide blocks Karakoram Highway.The Karakoram Highway between Gilgit and Rawalpindi has been blocked for traffic due to landslides.
- Pakistan delegation reaches Delhi for water talks.A Pakistani delegation reached New Delhi on Monday for a meeting of the Indus water commissioners of Pakistan and India, in which a host of issues including Islamabad’s concerns over the design and construction of a number of Indian upstream dams and irrigation plans will be discussed.
- Gold Rate In Pakistan Today, 23rd March 2021.Gold Rate in Pakistan today on 23 March 2021 is being sold for Rs. 91220 per 10 grams, and the price of Gold is Rs. 106400 per tola in Pakistan today.
March 24, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- Closure Of Schools Announced Till April 11 In Districts Badly Affected By Covid-19.The government has decided that the educational institutions will remain closed in the selected districts including Islamabad till 11th of next month due to the rising cases of coronavirus.
- All Educational Institutions In Province Will Remain Open: Saeed Ghani.Sindh Education Minister Saeed Ghani on Wednesday said that all educational institutions in the province will remain open under strict coronavirus related Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Dubai’s Finance Minister Dies.The United Arab Emirates finance minister and the deputy ruler of the emirate of Dubai, Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum, has died, Dubai’s ruler said on Twitter on Wednesday.
- PIA crew gets UN recognition for babysitting child onboard.Pakistan International Airlines official Touheed Daudpota has been honoured as the HeForShe champion by UN Women Pakistan.
- Pakistan, India talks on contentions water projects resume second day.The water talks between the Indus Water Commissioners of Pakistan and India resumed on second day here, Indian media reported on Wednesday.
- Govt likely to make important decisions regarding electronic voting.The federal government has summoned an important meeting to discuss matters related to electronic voting and the provision of the right to vote to overseas Pakistanis
- Balochistan decides against closing educational institutions.Balochistan has decided against closing the schools and other educational institutions, quoting a government official
- Rupee strengthens against US dollar.The Pakistani rupee strengthened by 46 paisa against the United States (US) dollar in the inter-bank currency market on Wednesday.
- Gold prices fall in domestic market.The per tola gold price on Wednesday witnessed a decrease of Rs 350 to Rs 107,150 in the domestic market
March 25, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- IMF Approves 500 Million Dollar Loan To Pakistan.The International Monetary Fund (IMF) on Wednesday approved four pending reviews of Pakistan’s economy and the release of the next loan tranche of around $500 million, reviving the $6 billion programme after it remained derailed for over a year.
- Twenty People Injured As Bus Turns Turtle in Faisalabad.Twenty people were critically injured when a bus turned turtle in Faisalabad.
- Cambridge agrees to reschedule ‘O’ level exams in Pakistan, announces Shafqat Mahmood.Federal Minister for Education Shafqat Mahmood Thursday announced that Cambridge International agreed to reschedule ‘O’ level exams to after May 15.
- Markets to close twice a week in KP amid spike in Covid cases.Keeping in view the recent spike in Covid-19 cases, the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government on Thursday decided to shut the markets twice a week across the province
- Water talks: Pakistan, India agree to make endeavours to resolve issues.The 116th meeting of the India-Pakistan Permanent Indus Commission (PIC) was held in New Delhi from 23-24 March 2021
- Rupee closes 38 paisa higher against US dollar.The Pakistani rupee continued to strengthen against the United States (US) dollar in the inter-bank currency market on Thursday.
- Yellow Metal Price Decreases in Pakistan.Gold prices extended a downward trend in the domestic market for the second consecutive day on Thursday as per tola price of yellow metal declined by Rs 450 to Rs106,700.
- Pakistan Team to Leave Cor South Africa on Friday.All 35 members of the Africa-bound side, including 22 players and 13 officials, have tested negative and, as such, the side will depart for Johannesburg, South Africa, on a chartered flight on Friday morning.
March 26, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- Pakistan Test-Fires Shaheen-1A Ballistic Missile.Pakistan today conducted successful flight test of Shaheen-1A surface to surface ballistic missile, having a range of 900 kilometers. The test flight was aimed at re-validating various design and technical parameters of the weapon system including advanced navigation system.
- Pakistan, World Bank sign $1.3b agreement.The World Bank will provide Pakistan $1.3 billion to support the government initiatives in several sectors, according to agreements signed between the two parties.
- NCOC to review Punjab, KP and Islamabad coronavirus situation Saturday.The National Command and Operation Centre will hold a meeting on Saturday to review the coronavirus situation in Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Islamabad.
- Private schools to protest against closure of educational institutes.The All Pakistan Private Schools and Colleges Association has decided to protest against the government’s decision to close educational institutions.
- Vaccine registration for Pakistanis over 50 starts March 30.COVID-19 vaccine registration for Pakistani above 50 years will start from March 30, announced NCOC chief Asad Umar on Friday.
- O Level exams in Pakistan to begin on May 15.The Cambridge International Examination board has confirmed that O Level and IGCSE exams in Pakistan will start on May 15.
- Pakistan ‘strongly’ condemns attack on Saudi oil terminal.Pakistan on Friday strongly condemned an attack on a petroleum distribution terminal in Jizan region of Saudi Arabia.
- Gold prices fall further in domestic market.Gold prices continued a downward trend in the domestic market for the third consecutive day on Friday as per tola price of the yellow metal dropped by Rs 250 to Rs106,450
- Pakistan Cricket Team Leaves For SA.A 34-member Pakistan unit – comprising 21 players and 13 officials – Friday departed for South Africa on a chartered flight for three one-day internationals (ODIs) and four Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is).
March 27, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- Coronavirus Claims More 67 Lives Across The Country.Pakistan has reported 67 deaths in the last 24 hours by novel coronavirus as the number of positive cases has surged to 649,824. The nationwide tally of fatalities has jumped to 14,158 on Saturday.
- PM Imran Decides To Bring Changes In Federal Cabinet.Prime Minister Imran Khan once again has decided to bring change into the federal cabinet.
- HEC Chairman Removed From His Post.Dr Tariq Banuri has been dismissed as the Higher Education Commission (HEC) chairman before the expiry of his term.
- Royal Saudi Air Force Contingent Arrives Pakistan.Contingent of Royal Saudi Air Force arrived at an operational airbase of Pakistan Air Force to participate in a two-week long multinational air exercise “ACES Meet 2021-1”.
- Pakistanis can now get certificates as proof of COVID-19 vaccination.People who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in Pakistan can now receive a vaccination certificate that shows their immunsation status.
- Pakistan to launch anti-polio campaign from March 29.Pakistan will launch a nationwide anti-polio campaign from Monday, March 29.
- 323 Kashmiris martyred by Indian troops during 600-day siege.Unrelenting military siege imposed by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led fascist government on August 05, 2019, continues to take a heavy toll on the daily life of the people in Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJ&K).
- Next session of water talks to be held in Islamabad: official.The next session of water talks between Pakistan and India will be held in Islamabad
- Gold rates move up in local market.Gold prices witnessed an upward trend as the per tola price of the precious metal on Saturday witnessed an increase of Rs150 to Rs106,600 in the domestic market
- Pakistani Team Reaches Johannesburg.Pakistan Cricket Team has reached Johannesburg where it will play three-one day and four T-20 of ICC world cup super series.
March 28, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- 4,767 Persons Tested Positive For COVID-19 In The Past 24 Hours.Pakistan has reported 57 deaths in the last 24 hours by novel coronavirus as the number of positive cases has surged to 654,591. The nationwide tally of fatalities has jumped to 14,215 on Sunday.
- NCOC Bans Indoor, Outdoor Gatherings All Over The Country.Amid rising number of Covid-19 cases, the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) banned on Sunday both indoor and outdoor gatherings across the country.
- FM to lead 9th HoA-IP Ministerial Conference in Tajikistan.Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi will lead the Pakistan delegation at the 9th Heart of Asia-Istanbul Process (HoA-IP) Ministerial Conference, being held on Tuesday in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
- PM Urges People To Strictly Follow The SOPs Relating To COVID-19.Prime Minister Imran Khan has urged the people to strictly follow the SOPs relating to COVID-19 as the country cannot afford complete lock down.
- Five killed in bus-truck collision near Gujranwala.Five people were killed and 12 injured after a speeding passenger bus crashed into a truck in Gujranwala Sunday morning.
- All Islamabad private educational institutions closed till April 11.All private educational institutions in Islamabad will remain closed till April 11, according to a notification issued by the federal education ministry.
- Pakistan to accept agreement reached between Afghan sides: FO.Pakistan on Sunday announced that it would accept an agreement reached between the Afghan sides, ARY NEWS reported quoting a foreign office spokesman.
- Covid third wave: Govt likely to suspend passenger train services for three weeks.Amid rising number of Covid-19 cases, the federal government was considering suspending the operation of all passenger trains throughout the country
- Weddings, other gatherings banned in Islamabad from April 1st.Federal capital district’s administration has banned all indoor and outdoor gatherings including marriages from 1st April
March 29, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- President Alvi Tests COVID-19 Positive.President Dr. Arif Alvi has tested positive for Covid-19.
- Shab-e-Barat Being Observed Across The Country.Shab-e-Bara’t is being observed in the country and some other parts of Muslim world to seek forgiveness from Allah Almighty.
- FM To Lead 9th HoA-IP Ministerial Conference In Tajikistan.The Foreign Minister will deliver a statement highlighting Pakistan’s positive contributions to the Afghan peace process and its support for Afghanistan’s development and connectivity within the regional framework.
- Punjab Bans Indoor And Out Door Wedding Ceremonies Until April 1.Government of Punjab has decided to ban indoor and outdoor wedding ceremonies from April 1.
- PM Welcomes Saudi Crown Prince’s Green Initiatives.Prime Minister Imran Khan has welcomed Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman s initiatives of “Green Saudi Arabia” and “Green Middle East” to protect the nature.
- Hammad Azhar Replaces Hafeez Shaikh.Prime Minister Imran Khan has decided to remove Dr Hafeez Shaikh as Finance Minister and replace him with incumbent Minister for Industries and Production Hammad Azhar. Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting Shibli Faraz has confirmed the development.
- Pakistan’s O level exams starting from May 10: Shafqat Mahmood.O level exams across Pakistan will commence from May 10, Federal Education Minister Shafqat Mahmood said Monday.
- Dollar slides to its lowest level in almost two years.The dollar was selling at Rs154.10 at the inter-bank, which is nearly a two-year low. The last time dollar was selling below this level was on June 14, 2019.
March 30, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- Imran Khan Completely Recovered From Coronavirus.PTI leader Senator Faisal Javed said Tuesday Prime Minister Imran Khan has “completely recovered” and has resumed official duties partially, 10 days after he tested positive for the infection.
- Pakistan desires peaceful relations with India, PM Khan tells Modi.Pakistan desires peaceful, cooperative relations with all neighbouring countries, Prime Minister Imran Khan said in a letter to Indian premier Narendra Modi.
- Petroleum Prices Likely To Be Decreased.It is likely that petrol prices will decrease from April 1.
- Pakistan Receives Third Tranche of $500mn From IMF.Pakistan has received $498.7 mn as a third tranche of the $6 billion Extended Fund Facility from the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- Nepra notifies increase in power tariff.The National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) on Tuesday approved a hike of Rs 0.65 per unit in the price of electricity
- Pakistan receives first shipment of single-dose CanSino vaccine.Pakistan on Tuesday received its first purchase of 60,000 doses of a Chinese CanSino Biologics Inc’s coronavirus vaccine
- Covid third wave: Public transport banned in 9 Punjab cities including Lahore.Keeping in view the rising coronavirus cases, the Punjab Transport Department on Tuesday banned all types of public transport in nine cities of Punjab including provincial capital Lahore,
- PMD predicts ‘good chance’ of Ramadan moon sighting on April 13 eve.Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) has predicted that there is good chance of sighting the new moon of Ramadan 1442 AH on the evening of April 13 (Tuesday).
- The dollar continues to slide, falls below Rs154 in Pakistan.The US dollar was selling at Rs153.2 in the interbank market after losing Rs0.8 value overnight, which is nearly a two-year low. The last time dollar sold below this level was on June 13, 2019.
March 31, 2021-Pakistan Latest Newspapers Headings For Competitive Exams
- Pakistan’s First Electric Bus Launched.Sindh Transport Minister Syed Owais Shah launched on Tuesday Pakistan’s first electric bus in Karachi.
- Sugar, Cotton Import From India Allowed.Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) on Wednesday allowed private sector to import sugar as well as cotton from neighboring India.
- Govt To Reduce Petrol Prices By Rs 1.50: Hammad Azhar.Federal Minister for Finance Hammad Azhar has announced that the government will decrease petroleum prices by Rs 1. 50 for coming 15 days.
- Mosques Will Remain Open During The Holy Month Of Ramadan.Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Religious Harmony Maulana Tahir Ashrafi has said Pakistan’s relations have tremendously improved with the Arab countries under the leadership of Prime Minister Imran Khan.
- OGRA Reduces LPG Prices By Rs 14.Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) has notified a reduction in the prices of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) in the country for the month of April 2021, hours after the finance minister announced lowering fuel prices.
- Pakistan Receives 500,000 Doses of Sinopham Vaccine.Pakistan received first tranche 0.5 million anti-corona vaccines purchased from China at the Nur Khan Airbase in Rawalpindi.
- Gold price drops Rs2,800 in Pakistan. The gold price dropped by another Rs2,800 in Pakistan on Wednesday, according to rates shared by the All Sindh Saraf Jewelers Association. A tola of gold now costs Rs102,900.
- Dollar drops below Rs153 as Pakistan achieves the Euro bond target.The US dollar was traded for as low as Rs151.50 in the interbank market as Pakistan achieved the target of selling Euro bonds worth $2.5 billion Wednesday. The dollar rate stood at Rs152.8 by the end of the day.
Here You can Also Download it in word format …